Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #1

Location of Journey's eFlasher...

'02 Winnebago Journey Cat 330HP

My eFlasher has stopped fuctioning most of the time, and it's weak other times. I often use it as I creep up a hill to alert drivers behind that I'm moving slowly, like trucks do.

But lately, it's just not flashing at all. But where is the flasher?? I've removed the dash cover but can't seem to find it. I'm hard of hearing so if it's clicking, I will never hear it. I've checked the drawings and can't find it there.

Anyone know where the emergency flasher might be and can direct me to same?

Thanks!

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2018, 04:23 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If it is like my 03 Journey then it is near the floor behind your left foot-rest panel/box thing. You should be able to see and get to both flasher relays (emergency and turn signal) with out removing the foot-rest. Takes a little digging and crawling around with a flashlight.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:43 PM   #3

If Ben's location does not pan out, there is one more place to look. In my 07 Journey there are a lot of electronics located in the electrical bay behind the driver's side wheels. There are a bunch of relays in there. Not sure if the flasher is in there, but it may be worth a look if under the dash doesn't pan out. It is behind a sheet metal panel.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:15 PM   #4

Thanks!

I'm watching my favorite college team (Oregon Ducks) play so I'll check these suggestions out tomorrow.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #5

My foot rest is detached so I only have to pick it up to move it out of the way.

After that was gone, I crawled under there and poked around under the dash over on the left of the drivers area and what a mess. Huge bundles of wires that it looks like they just tossed in there without any care. Even so I rooted around in there looking for something labeled or looking like a flasher.

I also have the dash cover off so rooted around in that wiring too from the top down.

Used plenty of light but just didn't find anything that would remind me of a flasher and didn't find any labels suggesting a flasher.

There isn't any electrical box on the passengers side in front of or behind the front wheel well. Mine seems to be under the front hood. I checked in there but don't see anything labeled 'Flasher' or similar.

Guess I'll have to give Winnie a call.

Old 11-05-2018, 04:57 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow they are really hiding! On my 03 they were in a bundle of wires but looked like you would expect them to. 2 decent size silver canisters just kinda hanging by the wires not mounted to anything.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:14 PM   #7

In a bundle of wires, awww, yeah, I'd expect that. Guess I'll have to check again. Good to know that they are sliver canisters, I didn't know exactly what I was looking for, I was assuming they were the typical plug in canisters.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm going to go double check mine later today. After I thought about it I started doubting myself. Are they silver canisters or square black plastic ones??
Old 11-06-2018, 08:06 PM   #9

My 01 Journey does not have a flasher, it originates from the dash electronics. Google information on adding a beeper to the turn signals to find the wires from the turn signals. But first check all the turn signal bulbs.
A bulb with a loose filament caused a intermittent problem for me.
deffinba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, journey