Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Low shower pressure?

I have a Suncruiser 38J that has weak shower pressure. I took the check valve out of the hot water tank inlet. That worked as long as I used the water pump but then the variable speed water pump quit. I replaced it with a cheaper version because I read the new ones have a plastic disk that breaks and Shurflo is going to use a aluminum disk. So I'm waiting till they upgrade hopefully this winter. Does the water heater outlet have a check valve? Also the only way I get hot water is to put the water valve by pass heater position. If I put the valve in normal operation I don't get hot water. I know it sounds strange but that's how I have to set the valve.
rjlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Sounds like you have a bad check valve. My 2004 Brave had one on the inlet and one on the outlet. The upper one on the heater ( hot out I think) was bad and I could get no hw flow. Took the insides out of both and everything works. The only problem I will have is when I winterize. All I do is blow it out with air so that takes care of that.
TN Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

What water pressure do you have going into your coach? If it is 40-50 psi then possibly it could be a pressure regulator if you have one installed
Old 09-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Here is a diagram I drew of the way Winnebago connects the one valve winterizing system. The handle should be pointed up for winter/bypass and to the right for normal use. If you have to turn it to the right (horizontal) then something is screwed up. I don't see how either one of the check valves could cause your issue.

Regarding pressure, have you checked the shower head for calcium build up?

Old 09-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

How is the pressure at the faucets? You might just need a Limaway or CLR soak for the shower head?

Do you have a single handle shower? Sometimes the cartridge fails in these fixtures and needs to be replaced. Lowe's or HD should have the replacement for it.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Camping World sells a special shower head for RV's that gives a lot better flow. Installed in Essex and worked much better. Tom 04 Essex
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I installed one in the MH and in the stick house. Wife really likes it since it rinses her hair out. Plan to get another one for the other stick house bathroom.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

It sounds like you're talking about the Oxygenics shower head.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjburns View Post
It sounds like you're talking about the Oxygenics shower head.
That's the only way to take a decent RV shower. Here's a link for more info

Oxygenics® Shower Heads, Hand Held Showerheads, Water Saving Shower Heads

Amazon.com sells them cheaper so don't let the price scare you.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

We have the Oxygenics Body Spa in ours... works absolutely wonderfully. The stock showerhead isn't that great.

Scott
Old 09-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

I have not understood why Winnebago uses such a cheap shower set in a coach so lovely. We find the shower handheld in this coach to be satisfactory though, even if the valve is a chromed outside shower. On the Oxygenics replacements, do they have the watersaver switch? This is a feature I like and always use.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:31 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I have not understood why Winnebago uses such a cheap shower set in a coach so lovely. We find the shower handheld in this coach to be satisfactory though, even if the valve is a chromed outside shower. On the Oxygenics replacements, do they have the watersaver switch? This is a feature I like and always use.
my oxygenics shower head from cw uses about 1/2 the water that the original used. we get a better shower too. there is no switch on it.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
There are two versions of the Oxygenics Body Spa shower head. One has a small button that turns the flow to a dribble and the other has an adjustable spray. If you buy the RV version, you get the one with the button. In my experience, it's best to buy from a RV dealer, that way you can see if you get the RV version. Of course, Camping World and other online camping equipment retailers sell the RV version.

I hope this helps.

Scott
Old 09-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

X2 - I have and recommend the one with the switch. You will get a better shower with either but why give up the water saving efficiency by leaving water running when you don't have to. If you're in a situation where you can run water continuously, don't switch it off. When you need to conserve - and some would say you always need to conserve.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

I love this forum! You guys are great. I just dropped in to help troubleshoot and I got more answers than I gave. Works for me!

My showerhead is not all that bad but it could better. I am going to look into the RV version of the Oxygenics for DWs sake. Always want to keep her a happy camper.

Thank folks,
Rick
Old 09-20-2013, 05:23 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

I just went on a hunt for the Oxygenics rv shower head. This is what I found: DF-SA130-SN - Brushed Satin Nickel RV Shower Head and Hose. Is this the one you are all recommending?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I just went on a hunt for the Oxygenics rv shower head. This is what I found: DF-SA130-SN - Brushed Satin Nickel RV Shower Head and Hose. Is this the one you are all recommending?
nope.
i have a white plastic oxygenics with no valves and a white hose from cw. it cost less than $30 including shipping last year.
several years ago i installed a generic 1/4 turn shut off valve at the top of the hose. it works very well with the oxygenics.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:13 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
nope.
i have a white plastic oxygenics with no valves and a white hose from cw. it cost less than $30 including shipping last year.
several years ago i installed a generic 1/4 turn shut off valve at the top of the hose. it works very well with the oxygenics.
Thanks for the update Dan L. I think DW might be a bit of a fashion snob and I may have to go with chrome or brushed nickel.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick

Thanks for the update Dan L. I think DW might be a bit of a fashion snob and I may have to go with chrome or brushed nickel.
And the push button on / off!! You'll be glad ya did!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #20
Winnie-Wise

This is the one I have.

Body Spa RV Shower Kit - Brushed Nickel - Oxygenics 26481 - Shower - Camping World

This is the one with the button. The one listed earlier by DF-SA130-SN is not the Oygenics RV shower head.

What the other Dan L mentioned is true, though. You can get one (make sure it's a Body Spa though) and get a flow button separately.

Additionally, you can get the one I listed cheaper than what camping world lists. Just do some hunting but make sure it's a Body Spa. The body spa head uses much less water than a standard shower head and has more flow pressure. It's really great!

My only issue, and it's minor, is the hose is just a hose with printing to make it look like a standard shower head hose.

Scott

Tags
shower