Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2019, 04:21 AM   #1

LP Generator won’t run.

2019 View 24D. LP generator fine at the end of the 2018 season , it has been stored at 55 degrees. Just took it out of storage, checked fuel, it turns over but won’t run. Looking for advice. Ken
KPaulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2019, 04:58 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
You need 4 things for it to run, fuel, air, spark, compression.

For sure you have fuel to the carb ?

You have spark, take the plug out, reinsert to wire hold to block and when you crank the engine do you have spark.

Hold your finger over the spark plug hole, crank the engine you feel pressure ?
Chief Alen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:23 AM   #3

Also check oil level, low oil no spark.

CLIFFORD
clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:45 AM   #4

I have since checked the gas cooktop, no LP, furnace no LP. Crawled under where the tank is and gauge shows full. Emergency shut off is on. I am stumped!
Old 04-21-2019, 05:47 AM   #5

I should have said it is no longer a generator problem, it’s a LP issue.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:58 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPaulson View Post
I should have said it is no longer a generator problem, it’s a LP issue.
+1. Had the same problem. Turned out to be the regulator. Try opening and closing the regulator open/close valve slowly.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:43 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
It's a little hard to open an electrically operated propane valve slowly but do make sure that both the exterior and interior propane valves are on. Start at the stove and turn on the main burner. You should hear a hissing sound and if you do, keep trying to light until you have purged all of the air from the system. Once it lights, move to other appliances and start them (furnace, water heater). Once everything has been started, shut it all down and try starting the generator again. Air in the gas lines after storage is not unusual.

If you hear nothing, then no gas is coming through the regulator. Call Winnebago service and discuss with them. They may have some additional troubleshooting tips.
If it is determined to be the regulator, repair is going to mean a trip back to the dealer.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:28 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you read the Owners Manual about the Propane System? You may want to check it out because its full of good stuff about your MH.
Question, do yo have both the Emergency Shut Off Switch and the Main Tank Valve Switch in the ON Position? Take a look and let us know what you find out and if you get it all running?
Old 04-23-2019, 04:23 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
A quick one ...

I mess with small engines alot, one day after a very large snow storm i'm in the garage messing with my snowblower, guy from across the street drags his snowblower over says it won't start, i say you have gas in it he says yea.

So i stop what i'm doing and remove the plug, he has spark, compression oil, to me it looks to be perfect, so i unscrew the gas cap, zero, nada, nothing in the fuel tank so i put a quart in and start her up.

First thing in my mind is now i check for fuel .
Chief Alen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator