Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2017, 02:44 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Magneteck 6300 Replacement

I have a need to replace my inverter, a Magnetek 6300 as it has died. It lasted long enough to kill two batteries with it as well. I have replaced both batteries, and now I want a replacement inverter that will have 3 stage battery charging, yet be an easy replacement without having to take it to a dealer to do the work. I would rather not have to modify the housing to install a new one either. What are the best options?

My RV is a 1996 Itaska Suncruiser 34 RQ on a Ford F-53 chassis. It has less than 35,000 miles.

Thank you for your guideance!

Ken
NeFiredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2017, 03:10 PM   #2

First, it's a converter, not an inverter.

Inverters take battery, 12 volts and invert it to 120 houshold volts.

Go to Amazon and look at converters. A 55 amp will be fine.

Here is one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F8...ID=51VFuC8uB-L
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #3

NEFiredog-

I replaced mine wit the PD4655 upgrade. This link shows the available Progressive Dynamics upgrade kits. Randy at Bestconverter.com can advise you on other options.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:55 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you!

Thanks for all the replies to my post. They have been very helpful, especially the website for Best Converters. I have narrowed it down to either the Positive Dynamics PD4655V with the optional pendant and the WFCO WF8955REP. Difference in price is only $26, and I am leaning toward the WFCO. I emailed Best Converters and am waiting to hear back to make a final decision.
NeFiredog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement