Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Major Renovation of AV Control Center

I am embarking on a major relocation of the AV control center in our '04 37B Adventure. The front TV and control panel were located in a cabinet next to the dinette table above our Splendid Washer/Dryer directly across from the refrigerator. The rear TV was located in the wardrobe slide on the passenger side. Both TVs where Sony CRT and have been removed.
The front TV is now directly behind the passenger set. This is where our satellite receiver and DVD player/Surround Amp are located. I have a Kingdome mounted on the roof but am not using it. I will be replacing it with a Winegard Traveler. I would like to move the AV control center to the ceiling cabinet directly behind the passenger seat. Reroute all AV wiring to this location. Connect existing surround speakers to DVD/Surround Amp. Then replace all coax with HDMI cable.
Any one know how the coax is run from KingDome to AV control center? Is it possible to access wiring in ceiling without tearing out a big section of the ceiling?
WagginMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I have been considering similar upgrades on my 04 Journey 39K. The one thing I did learn is that HDMI cables have a limit on how long they can be to effectively transmit the HD signal. One of the solutions is to use a converter that allows sending the HD signal longer distances by using Cat 5 or Cat 6 cable.

Good luck
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #3

I can't say for sure as I don't have a midship TV, but mine was run in a channel in the foam in the roof. Should show in your wiring diagrams, have you reviewed them?

I didn't even use it when I mounted my dish though. I mounted it above the kitchen and used the AC duct to get the cables forward. Easy to drop into the channel from above, and the front edge of the foam is exposed in the front cap area, just had to bore a hole from the duct to the front, about 16", easy.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote