Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2017, 10:43 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

If they won't put on what you want head for another dealer.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:22 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Mine are a different size than yours, but I changed from Michelin 275/80R 22.5 to Toyo 295/75R 22.5. When the tire company changed them I had to use powder in the front as the axle holes were too large for their balancer. The rears were fine. The company did not give me any grief about mounting. The difference in the tire size was negligible but you can tell a difference. I switched because of what I read about the Michelin sidewalls and I have a 2011 F350 ford that came with Michelins and the walls have separated on two of them already. I was reluctant to go with Toyos, and don't have any miles to compare. Ordered from Amazon and had them installed locally in Tucson.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsrtrider View Post
I hear a lot of pros and cons on these tires. Would like to really know before I go out and purchase the 235x 80 x22.5
After 3 sets of Michelins, I now have Toyo 154's all around. All pro and no cons.

Hope this helps.
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:08 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwasouth View Post
I purchased Toyo tires for my 05 Itasca Horizon and absolutely loved them.
I have recently read that Toyo has a casing life of aprox 10 years compared to Michelin with aprox 5 to 6 years. I am currently changing my current coach to Toyo Tires as they seem more stable and have a stronger sidewall

My opinion only, but I buy what keeps me and my family safe

I'm with you on how great they are. Since I got rid of the Michelin's and changed the shocks to Bilstiens the ride is amazing. Don't know about the 10 year casing. I thought they were recommending 7 year max. Michelin requires yearly off wheel inspections after 5 years and replacement after 10. This is not true for all of their lines. 7 year max on some of the RV tire lines.

Tags
workhorse