Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2007, 05:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We have the 2005 38G Adventurer, and enjoy every minute we use it. A lot of little convenience items, some of which seemed silly at the time (dustbuster, anybody?) were either standard or recommended options when we order our rig.

We've been reviewing the 2007 Adventurers and it's amazing how many of these items are missing, and not even optionally avaialble. No dustbuster, no walkie-talkies, no clock above the door, no little shelf above the door, no hairdryer.

It's not that we bought the Winnie because of these convenience items, but we did notice some of them on Winnies and the lack of them on other brands, and it influenced our perception that Winnebago had better living designers than their competitors. They also improve the liveability of the unit.

As another poster suggested, the lack of these items may be cost factors and/or the difficulty of exactly replacing those that go bad. Ok, those factors might influence some, but a hairdryer or a clock? Both of these are duplicates of those found in other mass applications. If Winnebago wants to entice current owners to buy new again, going backward isn't a good idea. Another example is the lack of 80" beds except in the king-bed configuration. Winnebago always seemed to excel at the subtle differential advantages, and they seem to be willing to give up this position.

Janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have the 2005 38G Adventurer, and enjoy every minute we use it. A lot of little convenience items, some of which seemed silly at the time (dustbuster, anybody?) were either standard or recommended options when we order our rig.

We've been reviewing the 2007 Adventurers and it's amazing how many of these items are missing, and not even optionally avaialble. No dustbuster, no walkie-talkies, no clock above the door, no little shelf above the door, no hairdryer.

It's not that we bought the Winnie because of these convenience items, but we did notice some of them on Winnies and the lack of them on other brands, and it influenced our perception that Winnebago had better living designers than their competitors. They also improve the liveability of the unit.

As another poster suggested, the lack of these items may be cost factors and/or the difficulty of exactly replacing those that go bad. Ok, those factors might influence some, but a hairdryer or a clock? Both of these are duplicates of those found in other mass applications. If Winnebago wants to entice current owners to buy new again, going backward isn't a good idea. Another example is the lack of 80" beds except in the king-bed configuration. Winnebago always seemed to excel at the subtle differential advantages, and they seem to be willing to give up this position.

Janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I agree with this 100%. I have a new 06 Voyage and it has the same fan in the bathroom as they had in the early 80's. The Fantistic fan in the kitchen is a single speed exhaust when there are remote controled 3 speed, auto rain sensor and exhaust and intake in the fan available. Difference is the bucks, I'am sure, I plan to take the kitchen fan to the bathroom and add the good 3 speed intake and exhaust in the kitchen.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
GLTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

You might want to contact Fantastic before you do much changing. I bought the panels from them to upgrade our basic fan in the galley and bath to the full automatic with rain sensors for a very nominal charge. Installation took about 30 minutes, would have been much quicker except doing it by myself I had to run up on the roof to check the rain sensor several times!

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

OK, Chris, I've got this mental picture of how you were checking the rain sensor....

Please tell me I'm wrong...

JB Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

LOL, I don't even want to know........!

Actually, I was using a damp paper towel....much easier than other ways I can think of.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #7

Yep, I noticed the same thing...

Our '06 Voyage: Skylight in Bath
'07 Voyage and '07 Adventurer: NO SKYLIGHTS

Our '06 Voyage: Clock over door
'07 Voyage: No clock, or ANYTHING over door

Our '06 Voyage: TWO strips of lights on each side of Med.Cabinet
'07 Voyage: only one strip...very dark in bath also due to NO SKYLIGHT

Cost cutting at Winnebago I presume...