Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2018, 10:47 AM   #1

Model year change over?

When do the 2019 Views start showing up? How about the 2018 MB chassis?
markap12013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2018, 10:50 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Why don't you call the manufacturer?
Old 03-31-2018, 01:15 PM   #3

I usually get better answers here.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:41 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Used to be at the GNR in July but recently has been earlier as manufacturers seem to have a race to see who introduces first. Likely sometime after mid May. Could find out definitively by asking a dealer. Chassis changes are made when Winn run out of previous year chassis. Good luck!
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:52 PM   #5

I just took procession of my new 2019 Vista LX 30T.
liquid4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:07 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
markap12013, to me Winnebago is very miss leading in there model year labeling and I do mean labeling. Around mid spring they will change the model year label, and current year model is now next years model, no physical change just the labeling. Then in the early fall when the new chassis come out they make the structure changes for next years model. You have to look at the Winnebago serial number to know if it is a early or late model. The number after the year letter will tell which it is, 1 for early and 2 for late model. It can get real confusing when looking up parts when someone ask a question on the forum.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
markap12013Around mid spring they will change the model year label, and current year model is now next years model, no physical change just the labeling. Then in the early fall when the new chassis come out they make the structure changes for next years model. You have to look at the Winnebago serial number to know if it is a early or late model.
Pretty good description from what I have seen. I once compared my '03 to an "identical" '03 ... mine very early in the model year and the other much later. This was the first year of full-body paint for the Ultimates, and there was a noticeable difference in one of the colors in addition to the stripes being slightly different ... one painted by Winnebago and one by CDI. There are lot's of interesting differences that tell you a particular model "evolves" as the year goes on ... even the lights in the ceiling are mounted in different places between mine and the other coach.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A few years back the title paperwork would change from the current year to the next year on or about 1 September, e.g., 2016 officially titled on 1 Sep 2015. As previously posted WBGO may call a model a 2016 sooner - and model changes occur almost constantly throughout the calendar year.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I've learned that WBGO really doesn't use a model year cutoff date. They seem to phase changes in until there is enough of them to declare a new model year.

The Mercedes 2018 chassis is a whole different thing. It was just announced in Europe and Mercedes will have to take it through all the regulatory things in the US. I also understand Mercedes is considering moving some of the manufacturing to the US. Very good chance it won't show up until 2019 or later.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
I've learned that WBGO really doesn't use a model year cutoff date. They seem to phase changes in until there is enough of them to declare a new model year.

The Mercedes 2018 chassis is a whole different thing. It was just announced in Europe and Mercedes will have to take it through all the regulatory things in the US. I also understand Mercedes is considering moving some of the manufacturing to the US. Very good chance it won't show up until 2019 or later.
Thanks for the info. My V24D is supposed to leave the factory May 30. Dealer is calling it a 2019 and it sounds like it will be on a 2017 chassis which I have no problem with. I did delete the bike rack and will use my Thule hitch mount with the 135 lb capacity for the two Radpower E-bikes