Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
moisture between thermopane windows

Ok I have a 2014 Itasca Meridian 34b and one of the crank-out windows (passenger side behind couch) has moisture in between the two panes of glass. Is there a fix for this, would it be covered by warranty? We only have 6700 miles on the coach. Any suggestions?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't know about your warranty but I had my large door window one replaced last year in Coburg OR by RV Glass Solutions. They also have an AZ location.
RV Windshield Replacement | Recreational Vehicle Windshield Replacement and Repair | RV Glass Solutions
Now the drivers side window is going to need replacing. My two front side windows are an odd shape and they don't even try to remove them. They just break them out and put a new one in. The passenger side one was $565 done at their Coburg location.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46490 View Post
Ok I have a 2014 Itasca Meridian 34b and one of the crank-out windows (passenger side behind couch) has moisture in between the two panes of glass. Is there a fix for this, would it be covered by warranty? We only have 6700 miles on the coach. Any suggestions?
Your coach came with a 12K mi 12mo. warranty, which ever came first. Per these definitions, you're out of warranty.

Some of the component manufacturers offer a 2 year warranty, but it sounds your're past this point as well. Your coach is 3-4 years old at this time.

To repair the problem, the window unit needs to be removed from the coach. There are several shops around the country who will rebuild the window unit for you. The fault comes from a bad seal in the thermopane unit. If the glass has heavy condensation, then the glass may have to be replace as the glass may be etched. If it's light, they may be able to clean the glass and install a new seal and re-install in the coach.

Suncoast Designers in Steffner, FL is a popular place to have fogged glass repaired. There are other shops that can do this as well.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #4

If these are similar to my bedroom window tip outs, check with Winnebago Tech support and see if they can be ordered from SGI. Mine cost $142 plus shipping. I had one installed at the factory and I installed the second one. If they are made to spec it took about 15 minutes to change out.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I thought Se-Gi was out of business?

Guess not, here's their website: http://www.se-gi.com/
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Had a window repaired at Suncoaster in Fl, thought they were in Hudson.. Anyway, these guys are first class..
Petesflhtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moisture, window