Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Motion Porch Light question

Hope fully someone has already figured this out. I purchased a Smart Light 1000™ Motion/Day-Night Porch Light to replace the standard porch light on my 2009 Journey 34y. While I was getting ready...preparing to start... contemplating...and procrastinating....I realized when I use my remote door fob to unlock the coach, the porch light comes on for a few minutes. Then when I turn the switch in the coach on (which will need to be on all the time at night to activate the auto feature) another exterior light on the curb side rear up at the top of the coach is constantly on.. So do I get two motion lights and replace both of them? and also the festoon bulb light over the switches and 3 or 4 small lights at the top of the entrance foot well and bottom of front dash stay on. Should I put in another switch just for the one main porch light. During camping trips I see many other coaches with the motion lights that go on as I walk my dogs at night, so someone must have worked this out.

Thanks
sellhomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would add a switch for the main porch light. Check your wiring diagram to see how they all work off the same switch. Remove the main light from the group and jumper the 12 volt over to the new switch.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hilley
I would add a switch for the main porch light. Check your wiring diagram to see how they all work off the same switch. Remove the main light from the group and jumper the 12 volt over to the new switch.
That was one of my thoughts also. What about replacing the two way rocker with a three way rocker. All On, porch only, and all off?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
That would be a great solution.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
I put 2 on, sync'ed them and let it go at that. The lights around the stairwell stay on all the time. As far as I'm concerned, it's no big deal
Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk
I put 2 on, sync'ed them and let it go at that. The lights around the stairwell stay on all the time. As far as I'm concerned, it's no big deal
That is probably the easiest solution and back light will come on auto if I or anyone comes up to that side at night. I just was not sure two would work in auto mode on same circuit. Thanks for the info.