Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2017, 03:33 AM   #1

My new Winnie Travato is arriving early Aug. '17 - Suggested list of tools / fuses.

Hi all - looking for some advice from current Travato owners. Our 2018 59K is arriving shortly and I would like to gather specific needed tools for this unit. Specific wrenches / Torx / socket bits, fuses, and things of that nature. Just want to put together whatever should be in there from the start.

I'll need a multimeter - wonder what owners would recommend.

I just had it's new home fixed up. Here's a photo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2611.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	744.6 KB
ID:	168706

I just bought a nice Duluth Tool Commander briefcase and want to fill it with needed items.

Also (if possible) - when I go through the Pre-Delivery inspection, is there anything I should be particularly concerned about before I take the final check out of my wallet and hand it over to the dealership? They don't get it until I am satisfied that all concerns are quelled.

Thanks for all the help. It's greatly appreciated.
Deedeedada is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2017, 06:22 AM   #2

Do you have your unit, yet? How are you with it if you've already bought?

The Travato is on a very short list of next rigs for me...and I've heard and watched owners with some quality control issues that were far from just a few bugs with way too many for a new rig. May be due to the RV industry pumping out product and just working out build issues later on the backs of the customer.

Your best tool for a new rig is your eyes!

Walk your rig from front to back and top to bottom. Look, touch, press, pull, wiggle, and TEST EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING before handing over your hard earned money to a dealer.

Remember, you are your own best tool!!
Old 09-20-2017, 12:44 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like this may be your first unit. I agree with Bad Bolt - test everything. Run gen, run A/C, heat pump, microwave, run water pump, light propane stove, water heater,.... Close all faucets with water pump on an listen for 'burps' from the pump. If there's more than one there may be a leak. Open and close all windows,. And so on...
Regarding tools, yep a multimeter is needed. Also take a set of sockets, you don't need a big breaker bar as you won't be doing real heavy stuff, up to a 3/8 drive is all I take. Screwdrivers, pliers, channel locks, ...
Regarding fuses, most circuits are on breakers, but it's still worthwhile to take some spade (and mini-spade) fuses of up to 20A. Also take some wire connectors and tool for making up connections.
Plus - DUCT TAPE.
regarding warranty work, if you can, go back to Forest City for work. Dealers work on all brands so don't have intimate knowledge of your unit, and definitely don't have the parts. This is based on my experience with dealers during 41 years of MH'g and last 11 with a WBGO.
Good luck, and hope to see you down the road
Skip Y
2010 Journey 40TD
2015 Equinox
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:06 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Screw driver, bottle of J.D and a credit card.

Tags
fuse, fuses