Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2018, 01:59 AM   #1
36G

NAPA Coach Battery Warranty Issue

We have a 2017 Itasca Soleil 36G which we took delivery new from dealership on December 22, 2017. The motorhome has been nonstop plagued with issues due to “lot rot”

The coach/house batteries are NAPA brand batteries. I believe there are four of them. For the past six months will use the inverter along with the generator auto start. Running on the inverter, TV, lights, refrigerator The inverter/batteries last about two hours before the generator automatically kicks on. Spoke with Winnebago customer service on the phone and they advised that I should be getting between 18 and 24 hours With the described load that I’m running. That number would be reduced to 12 to 18 hours if we included microwave usage.

The winnebago customer service rep advised me to go to Napa auto parts and have the batteries checked and replaced as they are supposedly under warranty. According to Winnebago, day one of the warranty is on our delivery date however when I went to the local NAPA store, they told me that I needed to have a receipt for the original purchase by Winnebago when they put it in The motorhome. This contradicts the information that Winnebago had given me where as they told us just the purchase/sales agreement Showing us as buying the motorhome on December 22, 2017.

Has anybody had to deal with replacing batteries so soon after delivery, as this now and it’s 7th/8th month. What is the procedure and if anybody has first-hand experience I would appreciate the information

Additionally Right after delivery freightliner replaced the chassis batteries because they were defective. This was discovered right after leaving the selling dealership. we stopped right Down the road and had to use the battery boost in order to start the rig.
36G is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2018, 04:40 AM   #2

Batteries

When I took delivery of my coach, I mentioned to the dealer the house batteries needed to be replaced because we both knew they have been run down a few times since it had been on the lot for a year. The dealer replaced all 8 batteries under warranty. The selling dealer should be able to take care of the issue. Good luck and be safe.
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, warranty