Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #1

I have a 2004 Minnie 29b. My kitchen slide out works fine but the bedroom slide out won't work. I set the parking brake like the manual said...The kitchen works great but the bedroom won't. As soon as I press the out button the red light flashes ( 7 times ) and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
rrob48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #2

I have a 2004 Minnie 29b. My kitchen slide out works fine but the bedroom slide out won't work. I set the parking brake like the manual said...The kitchen works great but the bedroom won't. As soon as I press the out button the red light flashes ( 7 times ) and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Old 03-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey rrob48!

Welcome to iRV2.com. It's nice to have you aboard.

I can't answer your question but I have to ask:
<LI>Has the slideout worked before?
<LI>Is this unit new to you or have you had it from new?
<LI>Are the slides moved by a hydraulic system such as HWH Inc.?

If they are by HWH you can call their customer line and get good help.

Someone else should be along before long with other opinions.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #4

Sometimes my bedroom slide seems to have a mind of its own ... if the front slide is all the way in or all the way out on occasion it will not move ...

We have discovered in those cases that if

1) we move the front slide "halfway"
or
2) we simultaneously move both slides

the problem goes away ... I think I have a sensor that has an intermittent problem ... but this seems to work around it ...

Try different combinations of moving the slides and setting your brakes ... it may give you a "work around" solution ...

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #5

I want to extend my thanks to skigramp and ding-a-ling for their help in solving my pull-out problem. After doing a bit of research and calling the manufacturer....I put in a couple of hours of troubleshooting and discovered that the connection to the pull-out motor had been disconnected. This took a little time to locate...I think I did it when I stored a folding table in the compartment below it. Any way...it's always great to find a simple answer to a problem.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry been so long with help, busy trying to sale house. Does your manual have a trouble section to explain what the flashing red light would indicate? Not sure what you have but if electric motor would check grounds on chassis frame which is common point from battery supply also 12v supply to motor if hydrolic may have air in system which may bleed off if you operate system a few times. Check for any leaks under bed and if electric motor also check under bed to see if something isn't caught jaming bed from moving.
Let me know how you make out.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote