RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2017, 06:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD4XR View Post
A switch is electrical and does not leak fluid. What kind of fluid is leaking from what you call a switch?
A fluid pressure switch that fails internally can leak fluid. There is diaphragm in them that flexes to activate the electric contacts.

If you have an " Oil light " , you have one.

twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2017, 06:51 AM   #16

Old bear is the expert on this. My green switch is located behind the tranny on the hyd pump. I had to replace the green switch twice and brown switch once. On mine you have to remove a cover plate to get to the pump and swithes.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:54 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
A fluid pressure switch that fails internally can leak fluid. There is diaphragm in them that flexes to activate the electric contacts.

If you have an " Oil light " , you have one.
I did not know anything about this system so went to the net to do a little digging. After looking at pictures and a video, i'm pretty sure the OP is talking about pressure switches. Hopefully the one he ordered fixes the problem.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:22 PM   #18

Yes a presure switch is what leaking from the electric side its transmission fluid from the pump .i have emailed oldbear my one day amazon delivery didn't make it sad to say .
Thanks Greg
G-Man PV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:05 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Glad you can take a little chiding....We love to help but that help depends on how well you describe the problem. Heck, I get confused if the OP leaves outa comma....
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:32 PM   #20
Ex Millwright / Army Vet

How to properly ask a question or need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
Glad you can take a little chiding....We love to help but that help depends on how well you describe the problem. Heck, I get confused if the OP leaves outa comma....
X2.

This IMO is a text book example of how important it is for any OP coming for advice, to take your time, write carefully and describe your issue in detail—plus if you can—take a pic or 2, then submit. It's also very helpful to always have your signature filled out.

To all new folks coming here, you add your signature info by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on.
TEAM Martin & Joanie, FTers, RVM#181
2012 WGO Vista 35F, 5 ST, Toyo M122's/duallys, Centramatics (all around), TPMS, ScanGuage II, Safe T Plus, SS Rear Trac Bar, CHF (F/R), Koni FSD's, 2017 FORD Fiesta Toad, Escapees
Making Traveling, FTing and Our Motorhome "GREAT AGAIN".
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 02:47 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This problem should have been posted to the workhorse forum. That auto apply parking brake is on the workhorse chassis There are many threads over there on the auto apply parking brake.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:29 PM   #22

Have been off forum for a while and just saw this. Did you get your problem resolved-I assume so.
We had an 04 sightseerer thirty footer and I had same problem. My recollection was the switch was on the pump itself. Fortunately we have a local truck repair shop that was familiar with the autobrake system
Old 11-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #23

Damon Owners Club
I'm sure the OP was talking about the Auto Parking Brake System on Workshorse chassis. The switch , "Brown Switch" is the same as the " Rotten Green Switch." They are interchangeable. I'm sure he is thinking the switch failed and locked his system up, and he was talking about removing the cotter pin that connects to the release cable. The "Gray Switch" is for the light indicator, and is known for leaking. If it was leaking,and he lost all his hydraulic fluid used to release the parking brake, thus he was stuck. By removing the cotter pin, this will relive the spring tension used to apply the brake. I think he was confused about the green and brown switch. As stated, they are the same. This switch controls the hydraulic pump, but if he lost all the fluid, it would not make a difference.

hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote