RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #1

Need parts for basement air, '04 Itasca Horizon, 36GD

Hey gang,
Well, I'm proud to say that, our '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the CAT C-7 330HP is just a hair over 15 years old and the basement A/C is still working great! A while ago, as in say, 6+ years ago, I pulled that basement A/C out and did some minor upgrades. Basically, I replaced that really dumb bronze fan bushing with a sealed bearing. It made the operation of that unit considerably quieter.
But, that was then, this is now. I've got some noises coming from it that I think are maybe from the other fan in there. Kind-a like some muffled clanking around while it's running. I'm thinking that one or maybe the other fan, is loose on a shaft. But, what I'm looking for, is a newer and more improved fan that some of you have installed.

Bill, or otherwise known as "Duner", was instrumental in helping provide a great write up on how to remove that basement A/C and, take it apart to do the maintenance. I think, he's installed that newer fan but, my memories not all that good anymore, not that it ever was Anyway, if Bill sees this and or, anyone else that's done any sort of upgrading on the fans etc. in these basement A/C's, I'd sure like some reference numbers or sites so I can order up the parts. At this point in time, I've not had it out recently to confirm just exactly what, is making any noise. But, I'm kind-a assuming. Thanks a heap folks.
Scott

FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
From Duner's writeup: "The new Outdoor Blower Wheel Package is p/n 1472-1161. Cost is $47"

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
From Duner's writeup: "The new Outdoor Blower Wheel Package is p/n 1472-1161. Cost is $47"
Heeeeey Chris,
I can't thank you enough. Wondering, is that a Winne part number or, some other aftermarket? I gotta find his write up and re-read it. Thanks again.
Scott
Old 09-11-2019, 03:06 PM   #4

It is a Coleman parts number
neub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:36 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's an Amazon listing (which also includes a Winnebago part number):

Coleman Blower Wheel - Outside Air

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
For those who may be looking for "Duner's" write-up, here's a link to a copy.

"Ray, IN" listed this and more A/C references at this post.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:52 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello Scott,

Adventure RV has the blower wheel for $50.62 + shipping. I've used them a few times thru the years and have received good service. They have about 500 parts listed for Coleman a/c units. While you have the unit apart check the play on the outdoor motor shaft because it may be worn out after 15 yrs running some of the time with a bad brass bearing and probably a defective metal blower wheel. For $215, I think I'd replace it too p/n 1468a3029.

https://www.adventurerv.net/blower-w...93guai398ng3j2

In 2008 I replaced the outdoor motor, blower wheel, and brass bearings and my a/c runs quite as a mouse. Last year we were in Las Vegas in Aug for 5 crazy days of 118 deg and the A/C ran 24 hrs straight. Knock on wood, it's running quieter and efficient as new.

Good luck and I hope you can keep cool!
Bill
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #8

Hellllllllloooooo Bill,
I sure hope you and Helen are doing fine. I really, really appreciate you chiming in here with VALUABLE information. The A/C project is the next in line. I'm working on my awnings right now. I've got a Carefree Eclipse main awning and a Carefree Oasis door awning. The door awning has been giving me grief almost ever since we bought the coach, just over 8 years ago. I'd extend it out to the point the "elbows" would lock straight. But, when it comes time to retract it, "nope, I ain't coming in" as if it would tell me. But, if I manually "kinked" the elbows while the wife pushed the retract button, it comes right in.

If I got up there and fed that motor 12V direct from a battery, it would kink those elbows in a heartbeat and zoom that door awning right in.

Well, fast forward a few years and, my main awning, the Eclipse is doing the same thing, almost exactly. But, there's times when I can feed it 12V direct from a battery and, NOTHING. It just sits there, extended and ain't coming in. But, if I wait a few minutes and try it again, it will come in a foot or so, then quit again.

So, I ordered and received and installed a new motor. Well, guess what, it still does the same thing only, when I feed that new motor 12V directly, it comes in all the way. So, I think I've got two problems with that main awning. One is cured with the new motor. The other, is either a weak *resettable* fuse. Never have figured how one manufactures a "resettable" fuse. Anyway, it's either a bad resettable fuse or, a bad mini-relay in that "Dometic A&E" WeatherPro" control box in my compartment. I got those parts on the way.

Once I figure those issues out, it's time to attack the A/C issue. I sure as heck don't want that thing grenading while we're using it, and it's warm, and we're waaaaaaaaaay out and away from home and no place to work on it.
Thanks again, I'll get those parts on a list and ready to order.
Scott

Tags
air, horizon, itasca, parts