Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

New Bedroom TV Install With Photos

Our digital converter in our bedroom was acting up and I decided to install a new TV instead. We removed the old monster and it took both Bev and I to lift it out and not drop it. The structure holding is right above the washer/dryer on the passenger side. It is hinged on the right side facing it so it swings out for viewing in while in bed. It can also be locked in the closed position when Bev is using her vanity. There is a sturdy welded frame that is completely level. I chose to make a 3/4" plywood mount and construct a 3/4" plywood structure for mounting the TV. We purchased a 24" Insignia TV that leaves 1/2 " clearance on either side of the TV. A cabinet maker friend helped me with the mount construction allowing room under the TV for the Direct TV HD receiver. I Set the receiver on the plywood base using Velcro on the feet so it will not shift in any direction ( I hope ). There is ample clearance above and on the sides for cooling. It is also completely open on the back. Bev painted the plywood black on visible surfaces. I wish I would have used black Velcro on the base of the receiver but I only had white and I was 25 miles away from a source for black. We assembled the TV & HD receiver as a complete assembly on the bench ready to slide it into the enclosure. I found after the TV was mounted the plastic TV cabinet was pretty flimsy so I installed HD Velcro on each side to help with that. I am attaching 4 photos.

#1 Picture - Empty TV mount enclosure.

#2 Picture - Empty TV enclosure from different angle.

#3 Picture - New assembly ready to slide into the enclosure.

#4 Picture - Finished project.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1046.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	42386   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1047.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	42387  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1048.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	42388   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1068.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	42389  

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Nice job Petro! You and your team do nice work!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Don, that looks very nice. I know you are glad to have the old analog TV out of there.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
Our digital converter in our bedroom was acting up and I decided to install a new TV instead. We removed the old monster and it took both Bev and I to lift it out and not drop it. The structure holding is right above the washer/dryer on the passenger side. It is hinged on the right side facing it so it swings out for viewing in while in bed. It can also be locked in the closed position when Bev is using her vanity. There is a sturdy welded frame that is completely level. I chose to make a 3/4" plywood mount and construct a 3/4" plywood structure for mounting the TV. We purchased a 24" Insignia TV that leaves 1/2 " clearance on either side of the TV. A cabinet maker friend helped me with the mount construction allowing room under the TV for the Direct TV HD receiver. I Set the receiver on the plywood base using Velcro on the feet so it will not shift in any direction ( I hope ). There is ample clearance above and on the sides for cooling. It is also completely open on the back. Bev painted the plywood black on visible surfaces. I wish I would have used black Velcro on the base of the receiver but I only had white and I was 25 miles away from a source for black. We assembled the TV & HD receiver as a complete assembly on the bench ready to slide it into the enclosure. I found after the TV was mounted the plastic TV cabinet was pretty flimsy so I installed HD Velcro on each side to help with that. I am attaching 4 photos.

#1 Picture - Empty TV mount enclosure.

#2 Picture - Empty TV enclosure from different angle.

#3 Picture - New assembly ready to slide into the enclosure.

#4 Picture - Finished project.

I can't open the pictures. Any one else having trouble?
Tops800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tops800 View Post
I can't open the pictures. Any one else having trouble?
The pictures are already open.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

That's a very clean install Don. Is it tilt adjustable for viewing from the bed?

That's one thing I may have to add to our bedroom flat screen...
Mr Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I can't tell from here Don. Why don't you and Bev bring it on down so I can get a closer look?
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
That's a very clean install Don. Is it tilt adjustable for viewing from the bed?

That's one thing I may have to add to our bedroom flat screen...
It only swings out and does not tilt down. It is easily viewed from bed so tilt is not an issue. Excellent question.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 07-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
I can't tell from here Don. Why don't you and Bev bring it on down so I can get a closer look?
Jay;

Coming to visit you is on my punch list but unfortunately it won't happen this year. I am giving thought to attending the 2014 Rally at MB. Maybe I can take in Camp Freightliner and the Monroe's on the same trip either before or after if you are not out on the road somewhere.

Don
Old 07-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Great job Mayor. Hope to see you and Bev down the road sometime....

Dave

Tags
install