Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #1

New Front TV in 04 Meridian

After reading the threads posted by those who changed out their front TV's I decided to replace the 24 Inch Sony with a 29 Inch Vizio. The old Sony was heavy and it took two of us to get it out of the space. If you have surround sound, make sure the new TV has an audio output and can be controlled by the volume in the TV.

I installed the TV higher in the cabinet and used the space under the new TV as a shelf. The 29 Inch TV fit inside the cabinet with about 3/4 of an inch on both side. I mounted it so that the TV was just inside the cabinet and not outside. Personal preference.

The three photos are the After, Middle, and Beginning of the project.

I used a 3/4 piece of plywood. I cut holes for the cables and painted the panel flat black and then bolted it 4 inched into the Winnebago TV cabinet at the top and bottom. The shelf at the bottom is perfect for the remotes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photoMA31009260-0001.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	38458   Click image for larger version

Name:	photoMA31009262-0006.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	38459  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photoMA31009266-0004.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	38460  
LPD218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Nice job Dave...looks great
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #3

Dave,
Outstanding Job!! Darn it, you boys are going to make me change out ours yet!! Ours is working just fine. That's the problem. While yes, it's a heavy and it's not as advanced or, modern I should say in terms of how it works, picture quality and more but, it still works. I really do like the fact that the new TVs are about TEN TIMES LIGHTER!

Dave, did you do any reading up on the Vizio TVs prior to buying? We didn't and bought one for the garage to be later installed in the same place you did on your coach. Well, long story short, it was hideously slow in turning on, tremendously slow at changing channels, and even slower on the sound catching up with the changed channel. The advertisements were around 5 times louder than the standard programs. The color was phenomenally off.

So, we went in and read some reviews, from Costco.com and found out that particular model of Vizio ALL had the same problems. So, needless to say, back it went to Costco and, we left with Samsung which, had the best reviews out of all of the ones they carried. So, I'm not sure we'll use that one but, I keep seeing all you boys changing them out and it's bugging me to keep our old one.

Did you bolt the TV to the new plywood? If so, can you give me some details? I'd surely appreciate it. Thanks
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a 2001 Suncrusier with the original RCA TV, and as the last poster said, this RCA is working wonderfully with a great picture and sound. But soon I may have to replace it also, how hard of a job is this for one who is not real handy?
doit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #5

New TV

Scott,

I bought a wall mount and bolted it to the plywood and used straps and pool noodles to help keep it from moving while on the road.

The Sony picture was just too small and we replaced TVs in the house and decided to include the MH. Buying replacements, we started with LG and an off brand. The LG had a great picture but the sound was too low. The off brand worked great, but did not come in 29 inch model. We replaced the house LG twice and finally returned it for the 32 inch Vizio. It worked great, had a good picture and sound so we decided to get one for the MH.

The Vizio did come in 29 inch with the audio output we needed for the MH so we bought it online. After I installed it, I watched Iron Man II and was very pleased with the picture and sound.

The prior owner also had the component switcher all screwed up so that both TVs had to use a single digital converter. With the new TV, I installed the digital converted on the back TV and got the connections right in the cabinet. I took my time and enjoyed the challenge.
LPD218 is offline   Reply With Quote