Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2018, 06:28 AM   #1

New Grand Tour & Tour model floorplans ?

My wife and I have been researching RV's and while out on the Winnebago site I noticed when looking at the Grand Tour and Tour model floorplans it says Dealer Stock Only. I don't recall seeing any news regarding new floor plans for these models but the Dealer Stock Only seems to imply there are changes coming. Does anyone have any information on this?
pots123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2018, 02:06 PM   #2

Rumors out there about a smaller Grand Tour or Tour. Like maybe 38? Can't believe the only diesels they'll have is the Horizon or the Forza. IMO the Horizon is nice but too modern for some people and the floor plan on the Forza is nice but not a "luxury" feel. Personally I would love a smaller coach with a luxury feel. Newmar's New Aire is the only one we've seen but it doesn't come with a King bed. Those 43 and 45 footers are tough to maneuver sometimes. We'll see what Winnebago is cooking up. :-)
tb919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
The Winnebago Annual Dealers Meeting was March 8-11 in San Diego. So chances are dealers know what is changing on the Tour and Grand Tour that made the existing models "dealer stock only".

You should talk to your dealer or several dealers and see if they can share anything.

Chances are they are under Non-disclosure agreement until Winnebago makes their official announcement. They announce their 2nd quarter earnings to investors and analysts March 21. Might watch for something then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
If the rumors of a smaller Tour are true......then perhaps it's possible that the Tour is being downsized to be a competitor for the New Aire.......and to replace the bigger Tour/Grand Tour......they may unveil, (or be making way for) a new 43/45 ft high line in form of new Country Coach models.

Yup, I do have an imagination.....it may be too soon for new CCs, but they didn't purchase the intellectual property rights and name for nothing.

I've been wrong before.....and I've been right before too.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:42 AM   #5

Wow Electra 225, That's a very interesting and logical idea. It certainly seems plausible. Many people have been wondering what they are going to do with the CC name and designs. You just may be right. :-)
Old 03-17-2018, 11:29 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks tb919! It could be too, that they will keep the 43/45 ft Tour/Grand Tour but redesigned, while also adding the shorter versions to the Tour lineup.

Then with the arrival of the highline CCs, with 600hp, side radiators, air leveling, digital dash, Silverleaf, the works..... they then would have maybe a half dozen diesels to choose from covering a wide MSRP range like other manufacturers, (like my other fav, Newmar).

It's fun to think about.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:48 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh BTW, to clarify, I'm not putting the Tours down as a slouch compared to quote- "highline" either. After all, they ain't exactly cheap! We quite enjoy our Ellipse, and it's quite luxurious, and a solid rig. I also believe that WBGO is underrated on this. The Ellipse/Tour is a big bang for the buck with more amenities than one might think.

I was talking about specifically the $700,000 and up MSRP arena regarding CC. Don't forget about Spartan chassis possibly coming into play too.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #8

I understood what you were saying. We have an Ellipse also and find it to be as luxurious as we could need. As you said, lot's of bang for the buck. Could be some exciting developments in the months ahead for WBGO.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Can't answer your question but wanted to say hello! Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:13 PM   #10

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan01232018172608_001.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	199219

These are the Grand Tour floor plans they were showing at Tampa RV Super Show in January.
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:44 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
If the rumors of a smaller Tour are true......then perhaps it's possible that the Tour is being downsized to be a competitor for the New Aire.......and to replace the bigger Tour/Grand Tour......they may unveil, (or be making way for) a new 43/45 ft high line in form of new Country Coach models.

Yup, I do have an imagination.....it may be too soon for new CCs, but they didn't purchase the intellectual property rights and name for nothing.

I've been wrong before.....and I've been right before too.
I hope I'm wrong, but in my opinion if Winnebago ever decides to make rvs under the CC name brand it will just mean you paid more for a Winnebago with the CC brand name put on it. You might get a bigger engine with it but everything else, including the build quality will be the same as found in Winnebago. I own a Winnebago/Itasca which is fine, it's what I could afford, but I wouldn't want to pay more for it just to get the CC brand.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #12

Still hoping to see the floor plan for the SMALLER Tour that is rumored to be in the works. It might be a year or more away but I hope not.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:32 AM   #13

Any news or insights yet into the rumored smaller Tour?
Old 05-30-2018, 07:49 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I hope I'm wrong, but in my opinion if Winnebago ever decides to make rvs under the CC name brand it will just mean you paid more for a Winnebago with the CC brand name put on it. You might get a bigger engine with it but everything else, including the build quality will be the same as found in Winnebago. I own a Winnebago/Itasca which is fine, it's what I could afford, but I wouldn't want to pay more for it just to get the CC brand.
Interesting you should say that, because I made a similar comment in another thread. So do you think the same will happen to Entegra, now that Thor bought them out 2 yrs ago?
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor