Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2010, 06:33 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
New Old Coach Journey DL 36GD

Just got home last night after a 2500 mile round trip from SC to Wi to pick up the Journey. Traded my Ford gasser 2005 33v suncruiser for the 2003 journey 36 and turned right around and headed home. Love the looks FBP makes a world of difference in the looks. The diesel makes a world of difference in the hills and the noise. Have a couple of issues with DW on a couple of small things, but I think she will be ok.
It was 26 deg in Wi when we plugged into the dealership, 74 when we arrived home.
I want to remind all you diesel owners to get your valves adjusted. I bought this coach with 35000 miles and the original owner said "I don't know anything about any valve adj". My mechanic says the first valve adj. is the most important. I talked to him a lot before I upgraded to diesel.
Enough for now. Glad to be a Journey owner. Hope my enthusiasm is well deserved. Thanks for your forum information prior to purchase..

cuemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations, You have a fine coach. enjoy.

RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Yes Congratulations on your Journey. I bought a 2000 36L last year. It's been nothing but fun this past Summer with it.
ScottsJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats. We bought our '02 36 GDL in '05 and have enjoyed many fun miles. We love the floor plan as well as any coach we've seen.

One of the lowest cost valve adjustments on that CAT can be had at the Freightliner Custom Chassis Service Center in Gaffney, SC. That is a great place to have any chassis service.

Hope you enjoy many happy and safe miles in the new rig.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #5

Coastal Campers
Congrats,
We just bought an '01 36GD about 1 month ago. It is our first experience in RVing, we figured to jump in with both feet instead of the gradual thing.
We are also in SC...
A Gaffney trip is planned for next month or January for the valve adjustment and a few small things..
Enjoy,
Ricky
RickyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #6

Cat recommends having the valves adjusted between 30-40K miles. Rumor has it that fuel economy picks up slightly. Haven't experienced that yet, as I only have 19K on mine. Averaged 8.4mpg for my 2009 travels per my on board computer.

Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote