RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #1

Hi everyone!

My name is Shawn, and I am the proud owner of a 84 Elandan.

I have a few questions that I am hoping someone may be able to help with.

1- I am trying to find the serial number for the coach. I looked on the doors, and where it was, it isn't anymore. Did they put it anyplace else? I know the model is a WCP31RT, whatever that all means...(I'm new to this...LOL)

2- There is a circuit breaker that keep popping. It is the one with the GFI circuit on it. Any thought on where to begin?

3- There are 2 fuel gauges on this coach is it one for each tank?

4- the switch for the momentary/dual battery selector...I cant find anyone who understands how this should be set...lol

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I simply need to find out the answers to these things...I thank everyone in advance

shawn

84elandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #2

Hi everyone!

My name is Shawn, and I am the proud owner of a 84 Elandan.

I have a few questions that I am hoping someone may be able to help with.

1- I am trying to find the serial number for the coach. I looked on the doors, and where it was, it isn't anymore. Did they put it anyplace else? I know the model is a WCP31RT, whatever that all means...(I'm new to this...LOL)

2- There is a circuit breaker that keep popping. It is the one with the GFI circuit on it. Any thought on where to begin?

3- There are 2 fuel gauges on this coach is it one for each tank?

4- the switch for the momentary/dual battery selector...I cant find anyone who understands how this should be set...lol

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I simply need to find out the answers to these things...I thank everyone in advance

shawn

84elandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #3

Shawn ...

Your VIN should be on your title (certificate or registration, license certificate or whatever it is called in PA)

From that you can get any other numbers that you need from Winnebago Customer Service ...

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you have a outside electric outlet check the outlet it maybe wet or corroded. Your vin# number maybe near drivers door on a sticker with weights of your axels. The momentary selector is just that if your chassis battery gos dead push the button or turn switch to start engine release when started.
Tank level indicators will be for black, gray and fresh water tanks. You should have one also for your LP tank.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">4- the switch for the momentary/dual battery selector...I cant find anyone who understands how this should be set...lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Shawn,

We have a 1990 Elandan and like it very much.

The momentary switch on ours is set to the left (depressed). To use it, you press on the righthand side and then simulataneously engage the starter motor--you would do this when your chassis battery is dead (can't turn the engine over) but there is still life in the house batteries.

Ciao,

Doug

Banks PowerPack & Transcommand
DougJ is offline   Reply With Quote