Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2005, 04:21 AM   #1
Living The Dream

Anyone have any opinions of the new View Class C coach?

Sure sounds like great MPG, but what're the tradeoffs?

Thanks for your insight . . .
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:21 AM   #2
Living The Dream

Anyone have any opinions of the new View Class C coach?

Sure sounds like great MPG, but what're the tradeoffs?

Thanks for your insight . . .
Old 08-23-2005, 09:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Hi,
Are you currently driving a View? We are looking at the View and Navion, but really want to talk with someone that has driven it through the Rocky mountains and can give us experienced thoughts about it's performance going up highway grades such as outside of Denver.
Thanks,
LeAnn
Old 08-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have a friend at work who has a View. He loves it. It rides great and has lots of power with the engine transmissionn combination.

He ordered his from the factory with no generator, then had a diesel generator installed in it.

Walt
Old 08-24-2005, 07:34 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

If we put a park model on our lot in FLA in a couple of years and downsize our MH, this will certainly be a consideration. I have to say that the forthcoming Aspect 29H sure looks interesting for a smaller touring unit.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:47 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Looked at and test drove a View while waiting for repairs to my Journey.

I thought it is a really nice camper, not a motorhome. Not enough storage or CCC. Tows only 3500 lbs.

Driving experience, power/tranny combo and handling is great. The location of the A pillar (left side of windsield) drove me nuts. It virtually cut off the left side of my vision in my left eye (my good eye).

MSRP is $75-85K and with the current market forces the dealers aren't dealing. 10% off MSRP is the best I've heard of so far. You can get a decenly equipped 26" E450 chassis class C for that kind of money.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 03:45 AM   #7
Living The Dream

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vicsryd:

MSRP is $75-85K and with the current market forces the dealers aren't dealing. 10% off MSRP is the best I've heard of so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we bought one after posting this original message . . . and we're loving it! Also, was able to get about 22% off MSRP (purchased in Texas).

I towed a Ford Escape with a tow dolly (approximately 3100 pounds + 300 pounds) and the MH struggled a little on a couple of long steep hills (not mountains). Since have gone to a Scion xA with a manual transmission, which tows 4-down (very good Owner's Manual instructions on how to do it). The Scion weighs 2340 pounds, so we lost about 1000 pounds!
Old 08-28-2005, 02:21 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Good job. Nice way to loose weight with the toad too.

There's not much in these forums on the View/Navion yet. Let us know more about your adventures, especillay the good things.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 04:31 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeeTheUSA:

I towed a Ford Escape with a tow dolly (approximately 3100 pounds + 300 pounds) and the MH struggled a little on a couple of long steep hills (not mountains). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wondering if you (forced) downshifted the transmission to allow the engine to wind-up while attempting hills?

If it was lugging, that might effect its ability to pull. Plus, its new, and likely a little stiff (though it was driven from Forest City to TX, so it had a little mileage on it)

We are considering downsizing from our 2004 40AD, and this is number one on the list so far.

Given the state of fuel, and the realities we are now facing, I believe this is the trend of the future, at least for those of us that drive long distances frequently.

Thanks! and enjoy!

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #10
Living The Dream

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BucknJeff:

Just wondering if you (forced) downshifted the transmission to allow the engine to wind-up while attempting hills?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I did not --- but it probably would have helped. I've noticed since that some engine RPM really helps the turbo do its thing. The Sprinter shifter really lends itself to such manipulation --- simply toggle left to downshift, toggle right to upshift. I'm getting the hang of this machine and I like it.