Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New winnebagoer's to this fourm

Hello we just bought our first motorhome,my wife and I . it is a 2008 winnebago adventurer 35-L model, with low milage, we plan to travel local right now until we get used to it, IM looking for any input or suggestions on the care,maintenance on this motorhome as we are new to these, if there is anything that I need to pay special anntention to on this 35-L model that we have I would thank you all, I have read and see that you all are very knowledgable about these motorhomes, so please leave some good advice, maybe from a previous adventurer 35-L owner. thanks.
Jimooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Howdy Jimoo,(love it)
Welcome to the best, friendliest, most helpful forum in ether-land!!! How
many moos do you have left?? Ours all went to the sale-barn long ago.. No water, no grass, no cows.. You went in the right direction with the Winnebago. Can't beat'em..Maybe Itasca.. The Winnie Owners Group is a really helpful and friendly one..

Smooth roads, clear skies & balmy breezes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hey thanks butterbean for your prompt reply, we are excited about getting started rving,and meeting nice people on the road, we are new to all this,we have worked hard all of our lives,and are looking foward to learning the rv way of life, maybe fulltime? jimooo
Old 06-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Jimoo:

Welcome to the forum! As Butterbean noted, you will find this to be the most helpful and friendly RV forum on the internet.

I am sure some 35L owners will respond. In terms of general maintenance of Winnebago coaches, the primary thing is to make sure your roof-to-sidewall joint is intact (no breaks in the caulked joint). You check that by pressing gently on the roof material just above the joint with the sidewall. If you see an opening in the caulked area, you need to re-do that. Many of us grew tired of having to keep up with this critical area and put 2" eternabond tape over that joint which is pretty much a permanent fix (if you search this forum for 'eternabond,' you can read for weeks).

Other key periodic maintenance items are you genset (oil, filter, fuel filter), and the basement a/c/heat pump (change the filter often). There is always something on a motorhome and I am sure others will have suggestions. Keep in mind you basically have a fairly complicated 'home' rolling down the road.

Welcome, again.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hey thanks for that info about the roof to side wall it appears to be good with no cracking or leaks, I was trying to get info. on that year and model that might be happening to that particulater model,something to adress before getting on the road or just to watch out for, thanks jimooo
Old 06-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimooo View Post
Hey thanks for that info about the roof to side wall it appears to be good with no cracking or leaks, I was trying to get info. on that year and model that might be happening to that particulater model,something to adress before getting on the road or just to watch out for, thanks jimooo

Also, depending on your chassis (Ford vs. Workhorse), you may want to check in on those chassis forums to discover any particular maintenance issues with that year. There was a brake recall on Workhorse chassis (not sure of which year or particular models), so if you have that chassis, you may want to see if you are affected by that.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Hmm, winnebagoer's, I like it. You've come up with a new verb to describe us.

I'm not very familiar with the model since we have a diesel. I've seen a lot of them and they do look nice. If we were looking for a gas motorhome, the Adventurer would be at the top of the list.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to our world, best advice don't try to anticipate, just go with the flo and always carry a good sence of humor. Things will happen, get a tow service, Good Sam, Coach Net something like that. Might consider joining the Winnebago Itasca Travelers (WIT) a travel club sponsored by the factory with connections to state clubs and local chapters. Be sure and use your gen as non-use is a big problem starter. Enjoy,enjoy!

Don, WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

New Winnebago Owner

Just got a sweet deal on a well cared for '05 Adventurer 33V with a Workhorse powerplant, 13k miles, mfg date 10/04. First time RV owner and totally enjoying it!

Would like to install some steering stabilization on this thing and new shocks. I've been trying to figure out what chassis type we have on this unit!

In the Winnebago spec sheet, it shows it as as a Chassis C option, but that doesn't make any sense when looking for and aftermarket items. Any assistance you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Breaker View Post
Just got a sweet deal on a well cared for '05 Adventurer 33V with a Workhorse powerplant, 13k miles, mfg date 10/04. First time RV owner and totally enjoying it!

Would like to install some steering stabilization on this thing and new shocks. I've been trying to figure out what chassis type we have on this unit!

In the Winnebago spec sheet, it shows it as as a Chassis C option, but that doesn't make any sense when looking for and aftermarket items. Any assistance you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!
Congrats on the new-to-you Adventurer. I'd suggest you post questions about that WH chassis on the Workhorse Chassis forum. Those folks can give you the scoop on best shocks, steering stabilizers, etc. for that baby .