Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Next on the list, Power Door Locks

My next item to fix on my 03 Journey DL is the power door locks. I don't have the remote but the switch to lock the door, and I assume compartments, does not work. There is no sound from the relay or anything when I push the switch. The 12V breaker up front is not tripped.

I've looked at the wiring diagram and installation guides and can't seem to locate the module or relay on the coach (found them on the diagram). Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips?
Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I think that in the long run you are going to find yourself somewhat frustrated. I had a 03 Horizon that I could never get the power locks to work on and now I have a 08 Horizon that has given me enough problems that I have decided that since a key has no moving parts it is probably the best thing to use. The power door locks are just untrustworthy enough that I found myself always making sure I had a key.
By the way, I think that you will find that the control module is in the far left front corner of the drivers compartment. Down there to the left of where you put your left foot. It is very difficult to access. That is another reason I gave up.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I think the ship has sailed on getting the remotes to work, even if I could find some NOS parts somewhere. The manual switch by the door, not the keypad, is worth it to me to try to get it working..
Old 07-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
KIX
Winnebago Master

The receivers provided by SCS-Frigette are notorious for failure. Besides that problem SCS is now out of business. There have been rumors that they will reopen but so far I can't find them. The receiver is a small plastic box measuring about 1" thick and 5" square. There is a black & white sticker on it that has either a hole in the center or the dotted lines so you can punch out the hole. The programming button is in the hole.
If the problem is with the receiver you could try removing power from it for about 5 minutes . I'm not sure if that caused mine to start working or if it was something else. For the door lock actuator on the entry door Google AutoLoc AT2000 to see if that;'s the one on your unit.......it is on mine.
If you don't have an SCS-Frigette door lock system then all the above is useless. Good luck.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I bought my 2005 Journey in 2009 and the remote was not working. I changed the battery and it still did not work. I used attached from Winnebago and reprogrammed it. It's been working fine since November 2009. The transmitter was located in the dash on the left side.

Ronnie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2003-12 Keyless Entry.pdf (129.4 KB, 155 views)
Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

My remotes AND wall switch stopped working following a storm last winter. Dealer replaced the control board and all was well... for about a month. Now the remotes don't work at all and the wall switch lock all compartments but only unlocks those on the patio side.

Next month I'll have it in Forrest City and we'll see what they have to say. I have an extended wty so I'm wondering how they might handle the company being out of business.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
KIX
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
My remotes AND wall switch stopped working following a storm last winter. Dealer replaced the control board and all was well... for about a month. Now the remotes don't work at all and the wall switch lock all compartments but only unlocks those on the patio side.

Next month I'll have it in Forrest City and we'll see what they have to say. I have an extended wty so I'm wondering how they might handle the company being out of business.
There are separate relays for right and left side compartment locks.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
There are separate relays for right and left side compartment locks.
Interesting, but are there seperate relays for locking and unlocking each side? The lock function works fine from the wall switch but it only unlocks the patio side.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 07-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
KIX
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Interesting, but are there seperate relays for locking and unlocking each side? The lock function works fine from the wall switch but it only unlocks the patio side.
Yes.................look at your relay panel which should be with all the automotive fuses, etc. On our coach it's in the compartment under the drivers seat.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Thanks Kix... I'll dig out my wiring diagrams, there's nothing under my seat. Four relays should be hard to miss.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 07-08-2010, 06:50 AM   #11
KIX
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thanks Kix... I'll dig out my wiring diagrams, there's nothing under my seat. Four relays should be hard to miss.
There should be more than 4. They should be with the relays for horn, lights, body lighting, etc. And there should be two ofr lock & unlock entry door. Mine are about 1" square, black made by Bosch
Old 07-08-2010, 07:43 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Understood...I was refering to 4 just for the compartment locks.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 07-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #13
KIX
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Understood...I was refering to 4 just for the compartment locks.
I figured you knew that but I was trying to give you info that may make it easier for yout ofind the panel. Good luck
Old 07-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Thanks Kix... found 'em. All four 1x1 Bosch relays located in my front left bay with the rest of the chasis electronics.

Sorry for accidently hijacking this thread...

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 07-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

resguy: Don't know if you resolved your lock problem yet. I understand some have had problems with the remote locks however, my remotes have worked great for eight years. Never had a problem with the remotes but did have a broken wiring issue which was easy to find and fix.

In my 03 Ultimate the radio control box is in the very front drivers side compartment. It is mounted on the aft wall. It is possible your Journey has a similar configuration. the radio module basically powers a relay for the door lock, or pulls two relays for the compartment locks (one for each side). I believe the switches on the passenger side near the door that control the locks also power the same set of relays. The relays are marked for left/right vehicle sides. With basic trouble shooting you should be able to isolate the problem to relays, switches, wiring, ect. good luck.
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

I haven't resolved my issues yet. Again let me state that I have given up on the remote since the rig came without them and they aren't made any more.

My power door lock started to work for the door only. The compartments don't lock. I'm on the road at the moment, my job called me away for a few weeks.

I still haven't found the relays or the control box.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

I found my relays with the help from the forum. As Roadking says, the relays (at least on my coach) are in the front bay under the drivers seat... but they're hard to find. You have to remove several screws on mine to swing away the breaker panel to reveal the bank of 1"x1" relays behind it.

good luck to you...

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD