Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We pulled our toad from Bend, Oreg. to ca with tail-lights. Got ready to leave for SD and had no lights for toad on right signal or brake or running lights. Dear hubby checked and found no power from plug coming out of coach for right side of toad. Any suggestions?
Motorhome05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We pulled our toad from Bend, Oreg. to ca with tail-lights. Got ready to leave for SD and had no lights for toad on right signal or brake or running lights. Dear hubby checked and found no power from plug coming out of coach for right side of toad. Any suggestions?
Motorhome05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

He should open the connection or check the wires going to the connector/plug. It is probable that the connection to the wires is oxidized/corroded.

I assume the right side of the MH works!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I had a 01 Suncrusier and the left turn signal and left brake light on the tow vehicle did not
work. They worked on the MH. I found under the lift up dash on the left there are some fuses and there was a 10 amp mini fuse that had blown. Replaced fuse and everything was OK.

2003 Journey DL 36GD
Tom Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I'm having the same problem on my toad lights. Turn signals and brake lights work but the running lights do not. Checked at the 7 pin plug on the MH and it was not getting 12 volts to the pin for the lights. Must be a fuse.

Anyone know where the fuse is for the Vectra? It is not in the fuse compartment on the outside front driver side.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hdvectra:
Anyone know where the fuse is for the Vectra? It is not in the fuse compartment on the outside front driver side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I took a bunch of pictures of the Winnebago demonstration Evolution chassis they took to the FMCA convention in Perry, GA this March.

The "Tow Power Module" is located on the driver's side all the way aft, or in the far rear driver's side aft corner. This is at the extreme end of the coach on the driver's side.

Don't know what's in the tow power module - maybe it is something to check into. There is also another black box or two there. I think one of them is the tranny electronics.

BTW - the chassis at Perry had the side radiator (the ISL engine) - don't know if this makes a difference in where the tow power module is located.

Been meaning to post the chassis pictures on our website - I'll get to that soon.

--John

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:28 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Check the fuse under the dash lift. I had my toad lose the night lights and the coach lose the marker lamps (running light). I believe the two were wired together by my installer. I fixed the marker lamps by replacing a blown 10 amp fuse under the dash lift. 10 amp fuse is not very strong. I am having the installer look at adding an additional fuse for the toad to prevent this from happening again.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote