Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

no service Winny dealer

Called up local Winnebago dealer, Pan pacific in Stockton, to order parts. Was told they only provide service of any type if you bought the rig there. Now I have heard of dealers like La mesa who wouldn,t provide servive if the coach wasn,t bought there but this is hard to comprehend. Why on earth would Winnebago Inc allow one of there dealers to treat owners like this? Not allowing anyone to even order a part unless you buy from them? This is too much and Winnebago should step in. Its hard enough to find a dealer these days as it is and besides it really ------ me off.- It would be a cold day in hell if I ever bought a rig from these clowns now.- John
pattcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Use Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City. Service par Excellance.

As independent bussiness men most dealer can do what they want. The only time Winnie steps in is if they don't sell enough units..Fair? Not many things in this life that is fair.

To me customer relations would be top priority yet I don't know the RV Technition situation in that area..Be Safe
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I agree Use Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City.
Tim&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Make that (3) on Lichtsinn Motors. Ordered a replacement window the first of the week for our Winnie Voyage and had it by weeks end. Lonnie in parts was very helpful.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I would call the Corporate Switchboard, 641-585-3535 and ask to speak to Bob Olson.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I also use Lichtsinn Motors. David and Lonnie in the RV parts Dept do an excellent job. I also found I get faster and cheaper service. There is only 1 shipping charge from Forest City to my home. Before I had 2 shipping charges, Forest City to a WI dealer and another charge from the dealer to my home.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

It is surprising and really stinks.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Pan Pacific is just bad news.
I live in San Jose Ca and have dealt with them, never again!

I just got off the phone with Lichtsinn Motors parts and must say that for Winnebago parts is could not be any easier. They are friendly and can get almost anything for Winnebago or Workhorse Chassis. Their phone number is 1800-343-6255. They are shipping my parts on Tuesday directly to my home.
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Another vote for Lichtsinn Motors---But, your right, it just doesn't make sense! In this economy you would think they would be going out of their way for everyone. I have given up on our local dealers (50 & 60 miles away) and am now using an independent shop and paying for small warranty work. These snobby dealers can just go stick it!
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellsharbor View Post
Another vote for Lichtsinn Motors---But, your right, it just doesn't make sense! In this economy you would think they would be going out of their way for everyone. I have given up on our local dealers (50 & 60 miles away) and am now using an independent shop and paying for small warranty work. These snobby dealers can just go stick it!
Before you just pay for warranty work out of your pocket get in touch with Winnebago. We had some warranty work done by independant shops because we were either to far from a dealer or it was less expensive to have it done there. In all cases the shop faxed Winnebago a complete diagnosis of the problem and firm estimate of what the total cost would be. Winnebago gave the go ahead and the problems were fixed. Winnebago sent a check directly to the shop so we didn't even have any out of pocket expense.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

I tried to call Bob Olson today but he's off on a long weekend. Tried to call because I've also had this kind of crap happen to me: in Pensacola and Panama City. This is UNSATISFACTORY, regardless of being an independent dealership. IMO Winny should have this situation stated in their agreement w/the dealer. This kind of garbage has got to end. Perhaps it would end if a bunch of us call Mr Olson each time it occurs.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I understand your frustration and agree that there should be some solution. If that happened to me, at any Winnebago dealership, I would certainly make a call to Bob Olson. I might even do it right there at the parts counter. I have a great relationship with my dealer but I am still going to purchase, via phone or the internet, parts that I can install myself. My dealership is 20 miles away and usually there is very little difference in shipping cost and my gasoline cost. If I factor in the total cost of driving my car ($0.50+ per mile) I come out way ahead by ordering from home. If I were like many and 50, or more, miles distance there is no doubt. Additionally, I don't have to argue with the parts guy about the correct part. With everything Winnebago provides on line research is easy.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Another vote here for Lichtsinn Motors and their awesome parts dept. No one could possibly have been more helpful or efficient than David.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

I just find it so strange that a dealer could turn away a purchase of any kind, whether it be a new RV, Parts, or just Service. I guess their economy is doing great. I hope those that read this thread can change that for those businesses that do not want to support the entire RV Domain.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I recommend Mobility RV for ALL your parts needs. On line parts lookup, and if you can't find it, all you do is tell them what it is or looks like and what part of the motorhome it is from, and they will research it and call you back. They have saved me lots of leg work. They are the greatest to deal with. Licthsinn is great, mobility is just another option. Here is the link;

Winnebago Parts - Parts for all Winnebago motorhome makes, models, and years, including Itasca, Rialta, Eurovan - Specializing in the Renault based Winnebago LeSharo, Phasar, and Centauri Motorhomes
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #16
Winnie-Wise

I had a similar unhappy experience at Altmans Winnebago, Carson, Calif.
1st time yrs ago I had a gas rig, not a Winnebago. I went by to make an appointment to have it serviced. the Question, "Did you buy it here", no, then sorry no service. I left
2nd time, now were into the hard times for dealers, I go by and wanted to make an appointment to have my Journey seviced.
The place was like a morgue, but one other customer talking to the tech, there were two of them at the counter and it sounded like good ole boy talk, I waited for some time, left took a walk around the parts dept. came back and stood there some time, good ole boy talk.
left took a walk around the showroom came back, stood there for a time, good ole boy talk, took a walk around the side where they do the mechanic work and you could have shot a shotgun off and not hurt anything.
came back and stood there awhile and finally said Is this where you get service?, I looked up with a frown and said cant you see Im with a customer., meanwhile all this time neither the two of them acknowledged my presence with a good morning or I'll be with you in a minute or anything, it was like I was the invisible man. Not one of the two of them would bother. I left, never to return.
I wont give that dealer the time of day.
You pass that place now and its inventory which used to be huge is next to nothing.
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Some businesses think they are doing you a favor if they provide you a service. These nimrods usually don't stay in business very long.
Eric n Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #18
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric n Karen View Post
Some businesses think they are doing you a favor if they provide you a service. These nimrods usually don't stay in business very long.

When I have an encounter with a business that has that kind of attitude, I speak long and loud to others about these business wanna bees. These types of forums are one of the best places to let people know.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

As a twenty year owner of Winnebago Products I am appalled at what is happening at the corporate level. I know that business is bad however we owners have a long memory and when it is time to buy again could be we will look else where. The ghost of John K Hansen must be horrified.

Even the WIT Club members are getting short changed.

Don
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #20
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimesy View Post
As a twenty year owner of Winnebago Products I am appalled at what is happening at the corporate level. I know that business is bad however we owners have a long memory and when it is time to buy again could be we will look else where. The ghost of John K Hansen must be horrified.

Even the WIT Club members are getting short changed.

Don
I am also a long-term Winnebago products owner, and my experience of Winnebago and their customer service, really has not changed in nearly 15 years. With 2 brand new motorhome purchases, and one as previously owned, they have provided outstanding service, even in these slowed economy times.

Dealers are another story. There are some very good ones, and some really bad ones as described in this thread. They are all independently owned, and can and do vary, in quality of customer experience. If there was a problem with a bad service dealership, Winnebago has never been able to 'make them be better'. They will say to go to another dealer.

Service performed at the Winnebago factory has always been high quality work, fair treatment, and without long wait times. And as far as I am concerned, it still is.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote