Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #1

No Sound From Living Room TV when Playing DVD

I have a 2016 Sunstar LX 35F. When I put a DVD into the Poineer AVH-X2700BS I cannot control or get any sound from the Living Room TV. It only goes thru the Cab Area speakers. Is this normal?
The TV in master BR has no issues and play the audio with no problem.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Is there a setting in the TV setup to select which output the TV uses for sound? There are on the Samsung TV's I have. One setting sends the sound to the output plug only and the other setting sends it to the TV speakers only.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:57 AM   #3

No, I have not seen setting that I can change. I contacted Insignia, the tv manufacturer to see if they can help.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:24 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's set up to do that. If your putting the DVD into the dash DVD player you will automatically be using the surround sound system as well. There are several adjustments, Eq etc that you can set to get it to sound great but it does bypass the small tv speakers (on purpose).

Texas Boomers and FMCA members
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:49 AM   #5

I have a 2017 Vista LX 35F and it does the same thing. I don't like it at all. Called Insignia and they couldn't help. Don't believe that the audio is hooked up between the two. There is an hdmi cable from the DVD to tv. Maybe someone has the answer. My dealer has no clue how to do anything on this RV.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:33 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
On my 2010 Journey I can control the sound through the Surround sound using the DVD. Means I have to use another remote but it sounds better than the TV speakers. Have you called Winnebago service techs?
Skip Y
2010 Journey 40TD
2015 Equinox
Old 05-25-2017, 10:53 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
mikeannetta do you have audio on the Living Room TV when you watch over the air TV? The composite video and audio are wired from the dash radio to the switch box. It is converted in the switch box to a RF signal (selectable channel 3 or 4) and sent to the RF input on the TVs selected with the switch box.
In the TV menu under AUDIO you can select Headphone/Audio Out modes.
Drawings do not show a HDMI cable from the radio to the tv.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2016/000173808.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #8

My '17 Vista is the same. I'm not sure the audio is even hooked up to the TV and the video is via RCA cables. I spent $50 for a Bluray player which is connected via the in-wall HDMI connection.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
My '17 Vista is the same. I'm not sure the audio is even hooked up to the TV and the video is via RCA cables. I spent $50 for a Bluray player which is connected via the in-wall HDMI connection.

With your Bluray player, can you watch the same program on all tv's, or just the one in living room?
Old 05-31-2017, 12:44 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If I am reading the wiring diagrams correctly for your setup???
The dash radio is also the DVD Player correct? According to the diagrams you receive video via the antenna/cable line which is controlled by the switchbox so if you are receiving video then you should also have sound.

Basically if your OTA works properly on the TV and you have sound on it then you should also have sound on it from the DVD player, that is if it is hooked up the way they show in the diagrams.

But I could be wrong, so when in doubt read the Owners Manual
Old 05-31-2017, 06:33 AM   #11

I've checked with owners manual. It must a setup issue in TV. I sent question to Winnebago to see if they can explain.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:51 AM   #12

My friend has the same set up no surround sound speakers each side of tv so Movies being played sound only comes from the cab area, most annoying and unenjoyable also tried to get dealers and MFG to answer on this and no satisfaction as of yet. There has to be wiring for an auxiliary speaker such as sound bar behind TV but not checked out yet anyone else had this issue and come up with a solution ?
Crazy design.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:33 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a 2011 35F. We've never tried playing a DVD but the manual says:

The DVD player is connected to the TV and
plays through the TV stereo speakers or the
deluxe sound rear radio speakers in the lounge
area of the coach.

Which is interesting as there are no radio speakers in the lounge area. We have speakers up front and in the bedroom.
affreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #14

No sound from TV

We recently purchased a new 2016 35F and have the same sound problem. I spent more than an hour on the phone with Winnebago last week. The tech had me change many settings on my Jensen and TV but nothing worked. VERY low volume sound comes out of the tv speakers when you put a DVD in the cab player but ONLY if you put the tv sound at 100%. Otherwise you only hear the front cab speakers. He suggested that a wire is likely loose or disconnected. I also called Jensen. They said the same thing. Obviously this isn't an isolated issue since others complain of the same problem. I'm not sure I want to take the RV in for service when we have been lucky enough to have NO other issues with this new unit. If there is a fix we can do ourselves, we prefer to keep it out of a service center for fear a bunch of defects will rub off on it.