Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2007, 03:58 PM   #1

I just finished our first long trip in our "new" (to us) 2004 Meridian. We had a great time and the coach performed very well. However, I did have a question on the inverter use.

We have a 2000w inverter installed from the factory and it runs everything on 110v just fine. However, I noticed that when I tried to run the refer on the inverter, I received a NO AC error on the fridge. The fridge works great on AC when on genset of shorepower, so I assume the refer outlet is not connected to the inverter, but wanted to check. Seems that AC power would be a nice feature while driving.

Thanks for your insights.

Rick

2020 Fleetwood Discovery 40M
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2007, 03:58 PM   #2

I just finished our first long trip in our "new" (to us) 2004 Meridian. We had a great time and the coach performed very well. However, I did have a question on the inverter use.

We have a 2000w inverter installed from the factory and it runs everything on 110v just fine. However, I noticed that when I tried to run the refer on the inverter, I received a NO AC error on the fridge. The fridge works great on AC when on genset of shorepower, so I assume the refer outlet is not connected to the inverter, but wanted to check. Seems that AC power would be a nice feature while driving.

Thanks for your insights.

Rick

2020 Fleetwood Discovery 40M
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #3

Ours is wired for inverter, some are not. Many do not like running the reefer on the inverter, we do since it saves a little propane.

Apparently your model does not have that outlet on the inverter. A call to Winnie will confirm or maybe a '04 Meridian owner will chime in with a better answer.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #4

Winn* didn't put the refer on the inverter until the 2005 model. Be aware that the refer uses about 475 watts from the inverter. I retro-fitted my 2004 Journey to include the refer and it works well but it must be used judiciously or your batteries will say 'goodbye' sooner than you think.

Carle McFarland, 2004 Journey 36G
Carle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:41 AM   #5

My 2003 was wired on the inverter and there was a problem with it. When you were running on the inverter there was a feedback to the shore power cord. I measured about 93 volts. Winnebago said it wasn't a problem because the available current was so low on the shore power cord. Yea right, when it was wet outside and you grabbed the shore power cord and touched the prongs it bit you. I complained to Winnebago and the solution was to move the ref off the inverter, and so when shore power, or generator power was not present the ref switched to propane.

I also have a 2000 watt inverter, but it is a discontinued model. It is easy to tell if you have an inverter like mine as the case is black.

If you have an inverter like mine you probably have the reason the ref is not on the inverter.

2003 Ultimate Advantage
Ptribbey is offline   Reply With Quote