Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Norcold 1210 Series

Our Norcold appears to be too darn efficient!! Operating on '2' and the ice-cream has to be microwaved for a few seconds in order to scoop it out; sodas freeze if anywhere near the cooling fins? We've had below than normal temps this winter, but I don't think that is the reason -- turned it down to '1' and we'll see what happens. Issue for anyone else?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2010, 07:35 AM   #2

You may have a defective thermistor. You can test it by removing it and placing it in a small container filled with crushed ice. Then read the resistance changes with an ohm meter.

Temp: kohms:
32 F 30.0-32.0
33 F 28.5-29.5
35 F 24.5-25.5
40 F 22.5-23.5

A thermistor only costs about $20.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If it is working but not correctly cooling (over/under temp) you may need to move it's placement. I can't remember whether up or down or left or right mounting on the fins to make what change, you can do a search on the forum and it will be listed somewhere.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
ChiefJohn, one comment is to move the defective thermistor up or down. I just got off the phone with Norcold, I called cause I was having the same problem with my 1200, the tec said that fix is for Dominic models and that I had a defective thermistor. He is shipping out a new one to me (free by the way), 4-5 business days and I should have it. By the way my 1200 had turned into a freezer, the entire box was freezing. It is and easy fix, just unplug the old one and put into place the new one. By the way the thermistor is about the size of end of your little finger, is located on the right side and attached to the cooling fin with a clip. Give the Norcold tec service department a call today.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks -- I'll get on the phone today and call Norcold and have them send us a new thermistor. We're heading home in a few days and should have it by the time we get there. An 'easy fix' sounds like something I can handle!!