Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #1

I just took delivery of a 2006 Suncruiser 38T with a Norcold model 120X-imxx fridge. A 4 door with ice maker The fridge is in the slide out right behind the driver's seat, hence no roof vent, just 2 side vents. It works great on AC however when I transfer to LG it works for awhile then shuts down due to a thermal cutoff located on the round insulated cylinder that the burner goes into. When it shuts down the unit is totally dead. The display panel is blank. When the reset button is pushed the unit returns to normal. Does anyone else have a similar problem? and if so how did you solve it
Suncruiser Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #2

I just took delivery of a 2006 Suncruiser 38T with a Norcold model 120X-imxx fridge. A 4 door with ice maker The fridge is in the slide out right behind the driver's seat, hence no roof vent, just 2 side vents. It works great on AC however when I transfer to LG it works for awhile then shuts down due to a thermal cutoff located on the round insulated cylinder that the burner goes into. When it shuts down the unit is totally dead. The display panel is blank. When the reset button is pushed the unit returns to normal. Does anyone else have a similar problem? and if so how did you solve it
Suncruiser Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:16 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Are you the original owner Ron. on our maiden trip in the fall of 06 the fridge quit. There was a factory fix that involved replacement of the sensor you are talking about I believe and at the same time they did made a change to the stack venting at the top which I can't describe. The sensor they put in was what the tech called resettable where as the old one just cut off the whole fridge requireing a reset by a trained tech. If you can reset yours you are way ahead of where I was and I would first suspect the sensor itself if you can figure out how to check it.

Please let us know what your eventual fix is. I have the same rig and may at some time have the same problem.