Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #1

I soon will be on the road again. With only 6060 miles it has been sitting alot. I am trying to get it in for service asap.
Do you think it would be able to tow my Envoy ?
I know I will have to have a good braking system.I had the air cylinder with the Journey that was great, but I will have go to another brake.
Hood bracket loose on one side I guess the same glue that they used on my Journey.
I will go down to Ft.Myers tomorrow . Camping World or Marks RV. I bought my Journey new from them maybe they will take care of me . It is scary going for service.
Thanks for your helpful advice.

Jake
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #2

I soon will be on the road again. With only 6060 miles it has been sitting alot. I am trying to get it in for service asap.
I know I will have to have a good braking system.I had the air cylinder with the Journey that was great, but I will have go to another brake.
Hood bracket loose on one side I guess the same glue that they used on my Journey.
I will go down to Ft.Myers tomorrow . Camping World or Marks RV. I bought my Journey new from them maybe they will take care of me . It is scary going for service.
Thanks for your helpful advice.

Jake
Old 05-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do you think it would be able to tow my Envoy ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
- What is the Adventurer's towing & hitch capacity? I suspect 5,000 lb?
- What does the Envoy weigh? Probably at least between 4k & 5k? ...hopefully less than 5!!

You definitely will need a good auxilliary braking system! What "air cylinder" did you have with your Journey? The Roadmaster Brakemaster uses an air cylinder between the brake pedal and a bracket under the driver seat. It can also be used with non-air brake coaches -- they add a small compressor for the air cylinder.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:55 AM   #4

I use the Roadmaster Brakemaster with our 2004 38R. I tow a 2007 CRV. Works great.

Paul

2004 Adventurer 38R
PaulC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:25 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poppop:

Jake </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These type of questions should be addressed by buyers before they buy these things.

Since you are on the W-22 Chassis and most likely overloaded before you leave the lot, you have approx. 4K of GCWR you can use to reach your maximum 26K GCWR.

So....what does your Envoy weigh? Most likely it weighs more than 5K, which is 1K over your motorhome's GCWR.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote