Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
One-Hundred Thousand Posts ....

I was waiting for this to come up on the Top Ten List but it's now definitely in the books.

Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 100,050 posts!

Although the Winnebago Owner's Forum went live in year 2000, one of the original posts in this forum was seen on December 4th, 2003 which signaled the migration of the Winnebago Owners Group from the Yahoo Newsgroups. The group leader was known as "Ghost" and his post can still be seen in the stickies under Forum ID.

Congratulations Winnebago Owners. The WIOF has been in the #1 position of the Top Ten of all the iRV2 Forums for longer than I can remember.

I want to Thank You for your participation here by making this forum the largest dedicated Winnebago / Itasca Community Forum on the Internet. The oldest trace of a post here in this forum is dated December 31, 2004, By Jim who at the time had a problem with a "Gas Odor." I certainly hope that he got that fixed. You may see 0 content posts dated 1969 but those I expect were indexes that were placed during the migration. iRV2 did not begin operations until the year 2000. Yes we are a Y2K compliant website.

One year later, the 1st National Rally was held in Myrtle Beach, SC at the Ocean Lakes Campground in September of 2001. (Just prior to 911)

I would also like to thank Winnebago Industries for their support since January 1st, 2004. Back in those days the Winnebago website appeared quite rudimentary and their participation here I thought to be quite remarkable at the time. They took a big gamble by participating here however I believe that it turned out to be a success story.

Since then, a great number of us have received services and remedy from Winnebago Customer Support by posts that were placed here. Thanks goes to Bryan Funke for the most part and Stephen Evenson. Identifying issues by the members has helped all Winnebago owners and the company by identifying problems and applying remedy before it turned into a larger problem.

In 2008 at the 50th Anniversary GNR, Winnebago setup a dedicated event for iRV2 members and that was well attended by the members and both Bryan and Stephen addressed the audience. This was also when I given the handle of "Sparky" by Stephen.

RV Upgrades (Bill Rowell) provided a number of door prizes and Brazel's RV Performance (Steve Brazel) participated at the event. Glenda Hannaford (glenda1908) helped spearhead this event and made it happen for us, A BIG Thank You for that. I'm sure that I am forgetting someone but thank you to everyone that made this event a success. Glenda is attending our 2011 National Rally this year in Virginia so I am looking forward to seeing her again.

I hope that we can repeat this type event at a GNR in the future. Many iRV2 members attend the GNR.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #2

WOW! what a milestone for a great source of info for all Winnebago product owners.

Is there any way to determine the member with the most posts in this specific forum? I know its not me, just courious. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
DriVer;

Thanks for the great post and background information. I am proud to state I have just purchased my 3rd Winnebago product. The info available here has saved me countless dollars and lost sleep looking for answers to ownership questions I have had. I have to admit I spend more time on this forum than any other on iRV2.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote