Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

You can see the definition of OCCC HERE.
Scroll down to "2009 New weight label" and download the pdf file.

Also from HERE

To get the amount of cargo you can carry from the OCCC, subtract the weight of the water and the people on board from the OCCC. That leaves you with the amount of cargo you can safely carry.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Romad,
Attached are a couple of photos of the improvements/changes we made to our as I mentioned earlier. The toilet is a Thetford Aqua Magic Style Plus, low bowl. With the toilet is mounted on platform the high version is not necessary. Someone mentioned eliminating the platform. In replacing my toilet and looking underneath, that space is necessary for sufficient elevation of the toilet from the black water tank and Winnebago also uses this space to pass other utilities up from below the floor. I too miss the black water clean out hose hookup. In the toilet picture the little pink thing on the floor is a wonder. When emptying the tank you simply open the flush valve as flushing and insert this into the hole. It holds the valve open and water on to assist in clean out, works great.
There are also a before and after picture of the electric/water compartment upgrades I listed as #2 & #3. I find this makes this utility area much friendlier. There is a picture of some of the lights we installed LED's. I got them all from LEDLight.com. The little ones in the overhead fixtures were less than $5 each. The last photo is my wife and a friend by the campfire this summer. We were hoping the outdoors would get him to let go the the I-Phone, but it hasn't worked as of yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2037.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	30891   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2040.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	30892  

Name:	DSC_0183.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	30893   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0946.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	30894  

rini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Oops, Attached is the after photo of the electric/water compartment and the porch LED light replacement.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_2049.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	30895   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2045.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	30896  

Old 12-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Hi NCFlyguy,

Where are you located in NC? We are in the southwest corner of the state, 2 hours south of Ashevile.

I have a 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 33V and thoroughly enjoy it as it has 53K on it already. I know you want a Sightseer and you have a fiver, is that correct? I bought my coach at Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City, IA and it only had 35 miles on it when I bought it.

When dealers buy these motorhomes on their floorplans they usually get a lot of the nice options like what Winnebago calls the "Z" package. My coach had all the options that we wanted including 2 tv's, outside entertainment sytem, surround sound,etc. Lichtsinn also has a deal that you can order a coach from them and fly into Mason City and he will pick you up etc.

PM me if you want some more info and welcome to the forum. You can also go to Winnebago Industries and download a brochure.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Happy Holidays,
Thanks for the reply and info - I ordered and received brochures both on-line and mail - we're located in Waynesville about 7 miles off of I-40 exit 20. The 5er is still being repaired - Camping World had a problem deciding what was broken and then had to get approval from the Good Sam Extended Warr. - finally got it after 8 weeks in the shop but it was garaged there so I felt okay with them keeping it. I hope to pick it up in early Jan. so, we can take it to Tom Johnson in Marion to see what they'll give us for trade value and what deal I can make on a 33C they have in stock. It has all of the options that we want (probably that z-package). I know that the mark-up is about 30% - 35% so I'm hoping that I can get a 20-25% discount - Lazy Days (on-line and phone) gave me a 22% disc. but low balled me on both the 5er and truck per on-line Blue Books. The sales guy @ TJ told me that they would match any offer that I got anywhere in the US. We would like to wait until March to take possession as I store the 5er in a storage area about 3 miles from the house and can't bring it up the mountain to the house. Additionally we have our house on the market.
After living 9 yrs. up on the mountain, we're tired of the weather and would like to move closer to Asheville. I hope to sell the house and buy both a smaller house + most of the cost of the RV. Life gets more interesting the longer you live with more possibilities but less time left to do them. I think that our bucket list is longer than our life span and that's only doing things in N. America
Thanks again and hope to meet you @ one of the meetings.
Oh, how did you handle the NC taxes on the RV? when you bought it in IA. The limit on the 3% sales tax is $1500 but not sure if the legislature will inc. it to the full value as proposed a few times over the years.
NCflyguy
ncflyguy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

What type of A/V equipment does the 33C have and where are the speakers at? I have not found one close by to look at. Also the chair and couch look weird. Are they comfortable?

My other concern is the amount of storage, but being I cannot look at one it may be more than I can see. Do any of the compartments go all the way across?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

The AV system runs through the dash radio. It is a combination AM/FM/weather Band/CD/DVD player. This is wired to the 42” front tv. The speakers are in 3 zones again controlled on the dash radio. They are the dash speakers, 2 in the ceiling above the driver and passenger seats with a sub woofer in the kitchen sink cabinet, and 2 speakers of the bed in the rear. There is a AV hookup in the front cabinet over the passengers seat for a satellite receiver or HD/Blue Ray player.

There are no pass through compartments, but the front compartment on the driver’s side does go up over the frame rails. I am able to store 4 folding director type camp chairs, 4 more collapsible camp chairs, a 9’x12’ outside rug, and many other things there. It is a sizable space.

The couch is fairly comfortable, although it does not recline like a Rest Easy Winnebago sofa sleeper. I kind of miss that feature when watching tv at night. I’ve attached a photo and with the ceiling speakers visible.

All and all we really love our 2012 33C, Winnebago quality and a great floor plan.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0291.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	31676   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0941.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	555.6 KB
ID:	31677  

Old 01-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Looks really nice. Congrats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rini2 View Post
The AV system runs through the dash radio. It is a combination AM/FM/weather Band/CD/DVD player. This is wired to the 42” front tv. The speakers are in 3 zones again controlled on the dash radio. They are the dash speakers, 2 in the ceiling above the driver and passenger seats with a sub woofer in the kitchen sink cabinet, and 2 speakers of the bed in the rear. There is a AV hookup in the front cabinet over the passengers seat for a satellite receiver or HD/Blue Ray player.

There are no pass through compartments, but the front compartment on the driver’s side does go up over the frame rails. I am able to store 4 folding director type camp chairs, 4 more collapsible camp chairs, a 9’x12’ outside rug, and many other things there. It is a sizable space.

The couch is fairly comfortable, although it does not recline like a Rest Easy Winnebago sofa sleeper. I kind of miss that feature when watching tv at night. I’ve attached a photo and with the ceiling speakers visible.

All and all we really love our 2012 33C, Winnebago quality and a great floor plan.
Thanks for the response. What type of connection is for the satellite or blu-ray receivers? Is it a HDMI connection? Bein

Being this could be our home away from home 6 months or so a year I would like the same A/V features I have at home.

Also what happens to the D/R table when the slides come in?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sightseer