Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Unhappy Outlook 22C

Put the deposit down on our first ever RV. We opted for the Outlook 22 c so that we can see if this is something we will enjoy and the floorplan had all the basics for what we need. Any other Outlook owners out there? Any words of wisdom for a new owner? We will be scheduling our PDI and any suggestions of what to look for.
HeyHeyJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2018, 05:07 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Congrats on your purchase. No words of wisdom really, but just a few "opinions" FWIW:

My rig is 11 years old now and I am the 3rd owner. The quality on mine is in the "good" category IMHO. Every trip I seem to find a screw or two backing out or some other nuisance item to fix, but I have not had any major problems, and it is bumping 50,000 miles on the clock. A couple of improvements you will want to install perhaps:

1. If they still don't come with it, add a "Trik-L-Start" or other battery maintainer so the Ford battery is being charged while camped ….. when you are on shore power or on the generator. Easy install.

2. Consider installing a battery disconnect for the Ford. Simple to do and it is a good way to go for storage of more than a few days. I'll post a pic of mine.

Read the manual. When it says to inspect the roof sealant at XXX intervals, do it.

Each owner of my 31-C has blown an inside dual. In my case, I had no indication of low pressure or high temp on the Tire Pressure Monitoring System in advance of the blowout. (Kind of a non-event really, compared to what might happen with a steer tire failure.) The rule of thumb seems to be to replace tires at 7 years. All 3 tire failures occurred prior to 7 years on my rig. I believe the "itty bity" 16-inch wheels/tires are the weak point on mine. The new Bridgestones I installed while on the road will never see a 5th birthday on my rig. But then, I am a charter member of the "Tires is cheaper'n bones" club. :^) Your coach will be lighter though; perhaps the 7-year number will work for you.

Run your Onan for 30 minutes to an hour with a goodly load on it at least once a month. If the modern fuels we buy are left to sit in the carburetor for long periods, things will not end well. Also, putting a load on the generator warms up the windings etc and helps keep moisture/corrosion away.

If you don't already do it………….read the various RV forums a lot. It will help bring you on board more quickly……and make ownership less of a hassle.

Hopefully, others will chime in. Their advice/suggestions will make your ownership even more of a "fun" experience.....and RVing sure can be fun.

Safe travels………………… ed s
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Disconnect Sw Mod sm file.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	220986  
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you so much for the insight. I have to figure out the battery idea that you suggested.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #4

Update, please

Could you give us an update on your experience with your 22C? We are going to look at one this week, a 2019.
rubydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:03 AM   #5

Congrats

I bought an Outlook 25J last march and have put 11,000 miles on it traveling from Oklahoma to Tucson, AZ, to Niagara Falls, New York City and to Washington DC. My wife and I love it. It is big enough for us and our three dogs, even if my son comes along, but it is small enough to go just about anywhere.
We are looking to upgrade to a 31 foot with a slide next year, just so that we have a little extra room.
Old Man Lamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:55 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydoodle View Post
Could you give us an update on your experience with your 22C? We are going to look at one this week, a 2019.
So we've had our 22J for 4 months and have gone on 7 trips. From Florida to North Carolina back to the Florida Keys. We absolutely love it. Other than a couple minor issues, we've had 0 problems. The issues are the basement locks aren't very robust, the latch to the coach battery was popping open, trim in the bathroom is a little loose. Based upon generator use, we get anywhere from 7-8.5 mpg.

We are still trying to figure out a better place to store the sewer hose as it doesn't fit in the bumper and the rubber made crate takes up a bunch of space underneath.

We've put around 5,000 miles on it and love it. Each time we go away, we enjoy it more and more. The 22J is super easy to maneuver and we've had no issues getting a spot.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:13 AM   #7

Thank you!

I am a little surprised the gas mileage is that bad, though. Happy rving!
rubydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote