Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Outside L P quick connect on 2015 27N

Had coach to dealer for a few problems ( minor) . I thought it was unusual that dealer could not check what pressure the outside LP ouick connect had. I can't use my grill using it. Just wonder if anyone else has had that problem . The grill is a weber 2000 Q works fine on 20 lb tank along with the small tanks. Thanks for all of the info you have given , read the fourm at least 3-4 times a week.
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I don't know what the low pressure reading is on a grill regulator. But I do know that it is higher than the 11 inches WC on a RV system. I've seen that others have had the same problem before.
shiggs68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

RV dealers are not gas fitters. Aside from doing a pressure test at the regulator, anything else is often a bit hopeful. I would try a legit gas fitter. They can probably diagnose your problem much more effectively. Did you have the regulator checked? Do any other of your gas appliances have problems? If the answers to those questions are right then you ether have some kind of obstruction in the line (kink) to the barbeque or some kind of issue with the quick connect itself. Try another bbq just to be sure.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

You can not use your grill because it has its own pressure regulator and the gas connection on your RV is after the pressure regulator on your tank so you are using two regulators. You must buy a low pressure gas grill.
jules6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

You T tap fitting should be between your LP tank and the motorhome regulator. Then you'll have high pressure to your grill. Your Weber has it's own regulator.

Here's a photo of mine.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

WV Bum, as jules6 noted the Winnebago supplied outside LP quick connect is a low pressure connection. The best fix is to install the hi pressure Tee has shown above.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

If doing this High Pressure tap, be sure your hose is rated for 200+psi! That is why the regulator is always close to the tank.
shiggs68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

If your quick connect is after the LP main tank of the RV then it is regulated. If you then have a regulator on the grill you are reducing the pressure again. We had the same issue and it was an easy fix. Remove the grills regulator. You just need to get a fitting or two and connect the quick connect directly to the grill. We did this for our grill and the Olympic heater inside. Works great!
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

If it is like ours the pressure at the outlet is already reduced by a regulator at the tank. Another regulator in the line will not work.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lajuene View Post
If your quick connect is after the LP main tank of the RV then it is regulated. If you then have a regulator on the grill you are reducing the pressure again. We had the same issue and it was an easy fix. Remove the grills regulator. You just need to get a fitting or two and connect the quick connect directly to the grill. We did this for our grill and the Olympic heater inside. Works great!
If you remove the grills regulator, you give up the option of using a 1, 20 or 30 pound LP bottle. You would have to reinstall a regulator.

Plus, if you use any other LP appliance such as a stove or portable fireplace you'd have to remove their regulators also.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
If you remove the grills regulator, you give up the option of using a 1, 20 or 30 pound LP bottle. You would have to reinstall a regulator.

Plus, if you use any other LP appliance such as a stove or portable fireplace you'd have to remove their regulators also.
That's very true. For us it was the choice we made but if you want to use portable cylinders then you need to keep the regulator. You could have a separate hose with a regulator on it for portable use I suppose. As long as there is only one regulator it will work.

We're full timers and don't carry portable tanks.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:19 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

If you have a Coleman product you can't get a fitting to match the threads They use a proprietary thread on their equipment, if anyone has found where to get an adapter please let us know.
jules6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:22 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

We did the modification on our Webber 220 portable grill. We found the right fitting at an LP/Plumbing shop.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

WV Bum

Why does Winnebago put it on coach? I know, I am new to this world of motor homes. Seems like a waste to me !
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules6 View Post
If you have a Coleman product you can't get a fitting to match the threads They use a proprietary thread on their equipment, if anyone has found where to get an adapter please let us know.
I don't think Coleman uses proprietary fittings. Most of their appliances use the 1" x 20 connection, some use 1/" inverted flare and some use 3/8' flare fittings. I have been able to get hoses and adapters for all of mine.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote