Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2016, 09:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Paint codes ?

I like to repaint the gray on passenger side of the Itasca, took a piece of it to local paint shop. they mixed some..didnt match worth a chit. where would i get the proper paint code for this ole girl. i guess if i repaint it all. then doesnt matter if it didnt match.it will after its all done? but drivers side doesnt need paint,,passenger side sat facing the south for about 16 yrs in Arizona. is all faded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	left side all repaired.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	144262  
Old 11-13-2016, 10:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Paint codes should be in the big black book. That is, if you have it.

Otherwise Winnebago has them at their website:

http://winnebagoind.com/resources/ma...paintcodes.php

1970-1996 codes

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Take off a part of your motorhome painted with the color you want to match. Take that part to an automotive paint store. The store will scan your painted part and their computer will calculate the proper color mix. The store can then mix that color for you.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:30 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

My Horizon had some touch up bottles of paint in the bag that came from Winnebago. CDI is the company in Forest City that did the original paint job. I called CDI and gave them my serial no. They gave me a colored picture with the paint code numbers for each color along with the name of the paint manufacture Sherwin Williams. My local automotive paint supply company supplied me with paint to do a repair on a compartment door and it matched perfectly. They also can make touch-up bottles that match the paints as well.

A call to the Winnebago Help Number 800-537-1885 should be able to confirm if CDI painted your RV. CDI's number is 641-585-5900 if you know it was painted by CDI.

I hope I have helped you. Good luck.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:04 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I would not waist time with trying to get an exact match. She is pretty old and faded and it may not ever match 100%. Personally I would just choose the closest match and repaint all of it that color, but then you will start to look at the rest of the olde girl and want to repaint the whole thing. So maybe she just needs a complete paint job of the color of your choosing along with a new awning to match. Making the olde girl feel young could keep her going for another 10 years or so.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

X2 on trying another local (better) automotive paint supplier not a body shop. An automotive paint supplier will have a computer that reads the paint on the sample door you take to them and then mix a paint that will match exactly.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:58 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

i did take the damaged corner panel to our only auto paint supplier..and all they have is the big book of paint chips.no computor to read the color. and no i didnt get a big black book with this.. will just get the best match possible and leave the drivers side alone.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:59 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Usually on the side of the drivers seat wall area, you'll find a label that lists the the different weight limits, tires, PSI, VIN#, and so on. On that same label it will list the paint code.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

A good paint shop would have the eyes to tell you what automotive paint color you are, usually. Paint chips are often small and difficult to discern actual color. Or so my painting neighbor has told me.

But like others, that old of a rig doesn't really need the paint matched unless you are a big fan of it's color scheme. On my old '94, the painter and I chose the colors and he was much better at it then I am. Ended up with candy apple brown and contrasting tan and another contrasting stripe. Really looked nice. Had it done in Mexico for around $1300 all together. One of the problems that changing colors overcame was that popular paint colors change, and premixed paint in a different color is often less expensive than having an old time color mixed up for that big of a job.

Here's what my paint job looked like before and after: Paint Job!

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:57 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Paint match

i painted the new corner panel with the paint matched by the code on the winnebago web site. its close enough.it is the no. same as the no.on the info label beside drivers seat. here is the old panel and new one on the benches, then the new one on the MH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	161110_0071.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	144965   Click image for larger version

Name:	new corner panel.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	401.4 KB
ID:	144966  

Tags
paint