Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #1

Passenger side seat mounted further back

My wife doesn't have enough leg room and gets cramped up. I have looked at seat mounting bolts. There is enough room that I could unbolt seat, drill new holes and use a steel plate for reinforcement under the floor board, to move seat back about 6 inches. This would put the seat back even with the entry door while it is in the upright position. Has anyone ever tried this change?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2016, 04:15 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Are you sure you are getting the full range of travel adjustment in the current set up? I am 6 foot tall and I have plenty of room when I put the seat back all the way.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yeah I would check to make sure you have the seat all the back in the first place. I will admit I have never ridden in the passenger seat but do know that it is all the way back because the dog likes to lay on the floor under my wife's feet while traveling and if she pulls it forward there is not enough room for her feet and the dog.
Now if your wife has extra long legs or is over 6 feet tall then she may need it moved back and as you stated there is plenty of room to do so.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:33 PM   #4

I've never looked underneath the chassis on mine to see the mounting bolts, but seems like it would be pretty straight forward. I'd triple-check to make sure you won't hit a frame rail or electrical wiring and panel but I'm pretty sure that the art is clear from the entry door and forward. Good luck with your project. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:46 PM   #5

Moving the seat probably wouldn't be a big deal. Moving the shoulder harness might not be possible though.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote