Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2015, 04:10 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Passenger Window screen

Anyone replace the passenger side door screen with a roll-up/down shade. My DW would like a clear window to look out of.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #2

Yes.

I bought a roll-up unit from 3-T and installed it myself. The navigator enjoys the side view. After a couple of years it needed a little fine tuning, but it works fine now. I has been in for about 6 or 7 years

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We had the same for around 8 years, went with the MH and the new owners have had no problems.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:29 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
3-T says it is no longer available. I have a 2013 Journey & would like to do something to the screen door to make it clearer looking out by the passenger also.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
I did a low budget fix. Picked up a screen kit at Home Depot, metal frame matches the color of the screen door almost perfectly. Removed the factory screen from the door and cleaned up any screen tag ends. Fabricated the new frame and screen to attach to the door with velcro tabs. When in place, you really have to look to realize it is not an original equipment item. When it is removed from the door, we store it behind the sofa out of the way. Maybe not as convenient as a roll up screen but it does the job and is not a high dollar fix.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:43 PM   #6

X2 on what FleetMan did. I had some excess screen material left from a home job so I only bought the screen frame materials from Home Depot. For a perfect match I painted the frame satin black to match the door frame exactly. I made it to fit tight and used velcro tabs to make sure it stays put when in the door. When we're on the road, I store the frame between the wall & Euro Lounge behind the copilot's seat.

Dan
Pelledan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr, window