Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Peeling Decals Winnebago

I have a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U and the decals are in horrible shape. Can anyone advise where to find the cheapeast replacements? I've looked into an auto detailer for the stripes. I'm not sure if original decals are better made than what is available now.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I have a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U and the decals are in horrible shape. Can anyone advise where to find the cheapeast replacements? I've looked into an auto detailer for the stripes. I'm not sure if original decals are better made than what is available now.
I would contact these people. They are located about 1 mine from the Winnebago plant in Iowa. Service is quick and the parts people are AAA.
Winnebago, Itasca, Era New - Used Motorhomes for Sale, Iowa RV Dealer - Lichtsinn Motors

Here is another one in Iowa.
Winnebago Parts - Parts for all Winnebago motorhome makes, models, and years, including Itasca, Rialta, Eurovan - Specializing in the Renault based Winnebago LeSharo, Phasar, and Centauri Motorhomes

Old 09-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Winnebago decals

Contact the fine folks at Mobility RV, it is my understanding that they buy all remaining decal kits from Winnebage at the end of the model year. I have found them to be very helpful and reasonably priced. You might even download their huge catalog which has almost anything you might need to repair your MH
Old 09-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #4

I seriously doubt you're going to find OEM replacement decals regardless of price. We had our 2001 Adventurer in for service at the Forest City service center in July and one of the things onour list to repair were the torn decals around the drivers and passengers side windows. They were unable to replace the decals because they were no longer available. Instead they removed the original damaged decals and painted the body in the same colors and configuration.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
I seriously doubt you're going to find OEM replacement decals regardless of price. We had our 2001 Adventurer in for service at the Forest City service center in July and one of the things onour list to repair were the torn decals around the drivers and passengers side windows. They were unable to replace the decals because they were no longer available. Instead they removed the original damaged decals and painted the body in the same colors and configuration.
We always told our customers to go back with paint. Most times it is cheaper and is always better.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcoach View Post
Contact the fine folks at Mobility RV, it is my understanding that they buy all remaining decal kits from Winnebage at the end of the model year. I have found them to be very helpful and reasonably priced. You might even download their huge catalog which has almost anything you might need to repair your MH

Winnebago Parts - Decals for Winnebago and Itasca Motorhomes
Old 09-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler
We always told our customers to go back with paint. Most times it is cheaper and is always better.
This is true. The prior owner of or 02 Itasca said the decals looked so bad that painting it was the best option. It turned out great and the MH actually looks newer.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks all for your advise as always.

I love this Forum!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have two decals on one side of my 2007 35' Itasca that are in terrible shape after only 5 years. Judging from the comments on this thread, painting is the best replacement method. Can anybody recommend a company in the Mesa, Az. area for this type of repair?
Old 11-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine aren't in such great shape either, faded and starting to peel, but not ready to go major replacement or paint. Is there a product that will at least clean them up?
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
Mine aren't in such great shape either, faded and starting to peel, but not ready to go major replacement or paint. Is there a product that will at least clean them up?
I doubt it. The paint is fading off the adhesive backing. When We had ours repainted earlier this summer I asked the factory service dept why they preferred paint over just replacing the decals. The response was they only make enough decals for the model year run and a sufficient supply for replacements during the warranty period and a few years afterward. He didn't elaborate on how long they kept them in stock but did say that all the spares currently on the market came from the same production run.

Essentially any decals now available for our coach were produced during 2001 or shortly afterward. We would have been replacing our current decals with ones that had been on the shelf for over 10 years. Seeing what has happened to the adhesive on ours during that time period it didn't seem prudent to replace them with ones equally as old.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly View Post
I have two decals on one side of my 2007 35' Itasca that are in terrible shape after only 5 years. Judging from the comments on this thread, painting is the best replacement method. Can anybody recommend a company in the Mesa, Az. area for this type of repair?
Knightly
I had the stripes replaced on our 2002 Brave last year at

RV Stripes & Graphics
10849 E Apache Tr
Mesa, AZ

Ph# 480-984-7939
877-902-5161

They did an outstanding job on the MH. We kept the same design but changed the color scheme, the MH looks better now than it did when new.
Since you are in the Mesa area if I were you I would go and talk to them.

Tom
Old 11-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
I just purchase all the decals for my 2003 Sightseer from www.winnebago.com. Brand new and ready to put on. You can find instructions on how to apply on line. I will let you all know how I come out after I strip off the old decals.....going to do a section at a time, don't want to stress myself out. lol
Old 11-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #14

I hope you bought them from a place other than where your link leads. The link goes to an educational software company. The company you bought them from is probably www.winnebagoparts.com a division of the the company in Hanlontown IA that buys all the Winnebago Industries old stock.

They are not associated with Winnebago Industries but rather an independent business known as Mobility RV.
Here's a quote from their website.
www.WinnebagoParts.com is a subsidiary of Mobility R.V., Inc., P.O. Box 85, Hanlontown, Iowa 50444. We are an independently owned and operated Iowa small business and are NOT owned by Winnebago Industries.

Tags
winnebago