Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

The pocket door in-between the kitchen and bathroom area will not latch in either the open or closed positions. How do I adjust the latching mechanism?

Baxter the Cat
rvskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

The pocket door in-between the kitchen and bathroom area will not latch in either the open or closed positions. How do I adjust the latching mechanism?

Baxter the Cat
rvskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yours is probably similar to the one we have. Ours latches in the closed position with a pin going up into the top track. I have had trouble with this since we bought ours, and it is going in again next week for this along with a few other problems.

You might check to see that the pin is being pushed up by the spring. Once it moves to the point where the hole in the track is it should pop in for a positive lock.

The problem we have is more related to the second door not being retained in the open position, making for some interesting noises when going up the road unless we block it in with a pillow. Many others have reported similar problems.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

There is an adjustment for the height of the pin, which inserts into a stop with a hole in it in both the open and closed position.

You have to pop off the wooden cover over the top of door, which covers the track. It is held in with small staples. If you pop it off from the inside against the rail, you should not mar the panel. If you are careful you only need to pop off the side towards where the door closes (handle side), but it's easy enough to pop the whole cover off and replace it.

Once off, you will see a channel in the rail where the door travels. Using a wrench, raise the height of the pin mechanism until it is securely in the stop hole (test both open and closed positions - one adjustment will address both).

Reattach the panel along the top piece of wood nailer against the ceiling with small finish nails, or small staples if you have them. Then cover the holes with matching wood putty.

I did mine this way, and the doors now stay closed all the time when traveling. Looks as good as new.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Replaced all my staples with Velcro. One never knows when one will need to return...

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Jeff, Great Idea!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The inside attachment of the door to the top rail on mine has come off 3 times. I have accessed it and put the pin back in the slot and closed the latch, but it keeps coming off. Any suggestions?