RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2007, 07:45 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
I discovered something you might want to check if you have a Sightseet 30B.

On my way back from Forest City I discovered the carpet was wet around the three drawer cabinet next to the bed (Small drawers/Driver Side). There was no evidence of the tank or plumbing leaking.

Investigating further, discoloration of the wood at the base of the cabinet indicated that there was water there for some time (at least intermittently), but not enough to wet the carpet beyond the cabinet. Dark stains in wood and carpet way in the back with possible mold. Could de-lamination have been far away??

I discovered (after much dis-assembly)that the hose clamp attaching the external fill hose to the fill assembly (mounted on the external wall of the coach) was loose. This allowed, under the right conditions, water in the tank to travel up the hose and out the end and run down the wall to the floor. That is, movement of the coach set up a sloshing of the water in the tank with enough force to drive water up the pipe and escape throught the top around the hose connection because of the loose clamp. May only happen with high levels of water in the tank (dry campers/parking lot overnighters take note)

The clamp was not loose enough to be flopping, but I was able to pull the hose off the connection with minimal effort without loosening the clamp.

Unfortunately you can't really tighten the clamp unless you remove either the cabinet or the external filler (Both are fairly easy, but I would suggest the external filler).

Wayne

When I got home I tore the

sightseer 30B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2007, 07:45 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I discovered something you might want to check if you have a Sightseet 30B.

On my way back from Forest City I discovered the carpet was wet around the three drawer cabinet next to the bed (Small drawers/Driver Side). There was no evidence of the tank or plumbing leaking.

Investigating further, discoloration of the wood at the base of the cabinet indicated that there was water there for some time (at least intermittently), but not enough to wet the carpet beyond the cabinet. Dark stains in wood and carpet way in the back with possible mold. Could de-lamination have been far away??

I discovered (after much dis-assembly)that the hose clamp attaching the external fill hose to the fill assembly (mounted on the external wall of the coach) was loose. This allowed, under the right conditions, water in the tank to travel up the hose and out the end and run down the wall to the floor. That is, movement of the coach set up a sloshing of the water in the tank with enough force to drive water up the pipe and escape throught the top around the hose connection because of the loose clamp. May only happen with high levels of water in the tank (dry campers/parking lot overnighters take note)

The clamp was not loose enough to be flopping, but I was able to pull the hose off the connection with minimal effort without loosening the clamp.

Unfortunately you can't really tighten the clamp unless you remove either the cabinet or the external filler (Both are fairly easy, but I would suggest the external filler).

Wayne

When I got home I tore the

sightseer 30B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:11 AM   #3

I have a Itasca Sunova 33L and instead of the hose clamp being loose, the hose had a split.

Another issue I had with the external fill was with the access door. Under certain conditions I found where rain water running down the side of the rig would flow over the frame of the fill door and seep inside. While the water could not get into the filler hose, it did fill up the cavity until it overflowed through the slit where the door latch goes through the frame. Of course we had wet carpets a couple of times until I found it due to the ring the level of the water left inside the filler door. Needless to say, the door is completely sealed now. Don't really need to fill the tank that way.