Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Problems with Norcold

I have a 2015 Winnebago Navion with a Norcold Refrigerator.

I have never been happy with it.

I just got back from the RV service company where I had my annual inspection and preparation for a four week trip we are going on in two days.

One thing I had checked was the refrigerator operation. It checked out and I trust the service company.

I turned the refer on with AC and it cooled down over night. I let it run for a couple of days on AC and then cycled it through DC and propane. The propane would not light and I got error code 3. I made sure the gas was on and even turned on the stove burners to confirm gas was on.

I tried to restart the refer on propane about 10 times with the same result.

This is not the first time it has done this.

What can I do to get the refer to run on gas?

Thanks
JKTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2017, 09:47 PM   #2

Crack open the gas line where it goes in to the valve to make sure you're getting gas to the valve. No smoking when you do this!
soonerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:46 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
You can trouble shoot ...

- two person trouble shoot --- person #1 turns on fridge in LP mode, person #2 listens for the noise of the gas valve solenoid operating and listens for the sparking of the spark ignitor, the view door is open so you can look for flame.

--- if you hear both things but no flame then spark gap needs to be adjusted. You can find how in your manual or on youtube

--- if you get flame but it does not stay lit then the flame sensor part of the spark ignitor is not working (most likely) or the control board is faulty (less likely) One thing to try is to carefully remove and reseat the wire from the flame sensor to the control board (unlikely to help but it's free to try). You can replace the spark ignitor for under $ 20 it you can take it out and take it to a RV dealer parts desk and they can match it.

--- if no click of spark then try lighting manually with a BBQ ligher right after the person inside changes the fridge from off to LP and you hear the gas valve operate. If it lights and stays lit then could still be spark gap issue or control board issue.

Losts more details on line and youtube but this is a start.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, norcold, problems