Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2017, 08:48 AM   #1

problems with rubber run tracks in side windows

Hello, i have a 2009 Journey, 34y. Looking for tips on how to replace the rubber run tracks in my horizontal sliding windows. the tracks are bunching up when i open and close the windows. I can buy the tracks thru winnebago but getting conflicting info if they should be glued in or not. any ideas would be appreciated. thanks, Tom Turay
Tom Turay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2017, 09:20 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ours also move around, put they are plastic. They are not anchored in any fashion, they are free floating.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Look closely at the insert. They should be able to be pulled out and the new ones fished in. My problem with my previous 2008 Winni was that the replacement track was very very tight, but it did work. You do not have to take the window out.

Other option is to have an RV Repair place do it for you, then they are responsible for any errors.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Turay View Post
Hello, i have a 2009 Journey, 34y. Looking for tips on how to replace the rubber run tracks in my horizontal sliding windows. the tracks are bunching up when i open and close the windows. I can buy the tracks thru winnebago but getting conflicting info if they should be glued in or not. any ideas would be appreciated. thanks, Tom Turay
Any quality automotive glass shop will have what you need. Lehr is one of the makers of RV windows and, most of the time, I've seen many glass shops replace glass in those windows, including slide tracking. You can more than likely, remove one of them and, run it down to a local glass shop to see if they can help you out.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
On my 2006 Journey, the strips are not glued in. I was able to pull strip out with window in place. Reinsert ing took a little more time. Slide it in a bit, hold edge of strip, slide window over, pull/push strip, slide window back, pull push strip, repeat. Took a little while but it worked. Good luck.
JPO1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, window