Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #1

Rand Mc Nally

I understand that the maps used on the Infotainment center (XSG2NA-x) uses the Rand Mc Nally maps and is actually a Rand McNally unit for Rv. Does anyone know if you can buy unlimited map updates for this unit. I see that they offer one but do not if it's for this unit.
counched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #2

I don't know about the Infotainment center, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by counched out View Post
I understand that the maps used on the Infotainment center (XSG2NA-x) uses the Rand McNally maps and is actually a Rand McNally unit for Rv. Does anyone know if you can buy unlimited map updates for this unit. I see that they offer one but do not if it's for this unit.
I have one of the first 7inch Truck versions of the Rand McNally GPS. I used it for about a year and a half and decided I wanted to do the lifetime map update. (You get updates of construction activities anytime you want). I went to the site, paid the fee downloaded the file and tried to install it in my GPS. No go, after multiple attempt of following the instructions to the letter and having the transfer fail I contact Rand McNally. The answer I got was that my early unit would not accept a lifetime update and they would be happy to upgrade my unit (for a price). I didn't want to spend almost as much money on a new unit when my current was less than 2 years old and had been used maybe 5 times so I declined. Posted something about it on the Escapees forum and within a few days I was contacted by a customer service rep who resolved my issue in a matter of hours. I now have lifetime map updates and continue to have my initial unit. My suggestion is if you call and the person isn't as helpful as you think they should be ask to speak with someone else. There is probably someone who will know the answer you want to hear and not just the answer they want to give to you. I am happy with my Rand McNally especially with the new features added with the latest update. Fuel management, MPG, Cost per mile and such. Haven't worked with all parts but am liking the ability to enter the information at the time of fill and then can download it into a spread sheet for further evaluation.

Rod
lappir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #3

I have a 2014 Journey with the 10.4 inch screen infortainment center and the Rand Mc Nally unit. I haven't done any research yet on updates and still have a lot to learn about the unit but I really like the easy to use features.