Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2017, 02:10 PM   #1

Rear coach Heater

So in my motohome have a switch on the dash labeled "COACH HEATER" with a low and high setting. The manual on the coach has the drawings for this heater. My issue is I cannot find this heater anyplace in the motor home, nor do we hear any noise on high or low ?

Anyone have this model and know where the heater may be ? I assume its not on either slide but I dont find it anyplace else.

We are currently living in it full time in Northern NY (AKA Snow Country) and had the vehicle running yesterday and today to warm stuff up and this topic was one we are trying to figure out.
kb2ztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
Are you asking about a fleetwood Bounder??? If so you have posted to Winnebago owner site. Try Fleetwood.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:32 PM   #3

Our Sightseer had a fan forced heater in the rear, with high and low speeds. Worked great for keeping motor home warm on cold days. Our current motor home, Forza, gets some rear heat from diesel engine but still feels cold.
texoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:09 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
Are you asking about a fleetwood Bounder??? If so you have posted to Winnebago owner site. Try Fleetwood.
He has a Winnebago Adventurer . . . Where did Bounder come from??

It is a separate heating unit, under the bed. Coolant from the engine is circulated through it in the same manner as in the front "dash" heater.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:32 PM   #5

Actually the unit is up front under the floor, accessed from outside, it's behind the water heater on the 35U. It uses engine heat to heat the coach while driving. Uses the same ductwork in the floor as the propane furnace. Check for a blown fuse. Common problem is for the squirrel cage fan to move on the shaft, hitting the housing and locking up, which blows the fuse.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ChevelleSS View Post
Actually the unit is up front under the floor, accessed from outside, it's behind the water heater on the 35U. It uses engine heat to heat the coach while driving. Uses the same ductwork in the floor as the propane furnace. Check for a blown fuse. Common problem is for the squirrel cage fan to move on the shaft, hitting the housing and locking up, which blows the fuse.
When the heater is working correctly you can hear it with the engine at idle (both low and high) and while driving you can feel the warmth coming from the front heat 'register' just aft of the doghouse. Great option. We have ours on high from Manitoba to Texas every first week in January!!

Hope you find the fuse. Access to the blower is as quoted above. A little bit more toward the center of the coach and still on the right side by the back of the coach water heater. It's a bit hard to identify because the cover is just a flat piece of tin held on by a bunch of sheet metal screws.

Stan
Old 12-31-2017, 05:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
No 2003 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Old 12-31-2017, 05:18 PM   #8

Thanks All. I just checked all the fuses inside and they are good. Its -7 right now outside and i need to dig out the front to get the compartment open and check those. I am guessing the fan fuse is the issue as nothing comes from the register unless the furnace is on. I'll pull my power manuals later once I warm up a bit ! (may be June)

Had hoped to be in a car port for the winter but things never work out the way we want. I keep saying its almost spring...88 days i think..then move to VA and not deal with this snow stuff !
Old 12-31-2017, 05:42 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That back heater only works when the engine is running. It might be wired to the ignition when on.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Smith View Post
That back heater only works when the engine is running. It might be wired to the ignition when on.
YES absolutely. The blower (and that's all it is) will only work with the key on. Can't remember if the engine needs to be running for the blower to work. And it's colder where I am than where you are, so I'm not checking it until tomorrow.

Stan
Old 01-01-2018, 06:14 AM   #11

Thanks. I am sure you are all correct. I doubt it would work unless the chassis engine is running, which it is right now as its -20 and my furnace appears to not want to work. This winter stuff sucks. On to furnace repair now.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #12

A search here will find that this has been discussed many times.

Here's one from just a month ago.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater