Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2019, 05:03 AM   #1

Reason for concern??

Hi folks,

Need some advise. We've been looking at downsizing and are interested in the Sightseer 33C's. I've walked away from several nice ones that had misalignment of the exterior painted graphics. Should this be a real concern?? We've now seen several units exhibiting the same "defect".. SOme on the front slides some on the rear.

Any help would be appreciated. Would hate to lose out on another 33C for something that can easily be remedied.

Attached is a picture of what we've been seeing. Model years from 2014-2019

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33C offset graphics.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	254164  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It happens a lot, but is an easy fix by the dealer. On our Adventurer, the dealer fixed 4 areas where that trim was sliding. They said it was no problem to fix and would also not become a problem in the future (leaks, etc).
Old 07-22-2019, 11:41 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply!.. Can't recall are those trim pieces sealed in place or are they floating? Given how problematic the slides are I was hoping it wasn't someones attempt to adjust the slide height resulting in the mismatch.

Thanks again!
Old 07-22-2019, 03:34 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think they are only held in place at the end by the caps and a little caulk! Winnebago should have done a better job of preventing their slip on full body painted motorhomes.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:49 AM   #5

My 2015 was the same way. I don't remember the details but I took off the corner trim and just slid the mismatch up and put a small screw at the bottom to secure it. Put the corner trim back on. Pretty easy as I remember. There were several on mine to do.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:57 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyLee View Post
My 2015 was the same way. I don't remember the details but I took off the corner trim and just slid the mismatch up and put a small screw at the bottom to secure it. Put the corner trim back on. Pretty easy as I remember. There were several on mine to do.
I've got a couple on my 2013 that are the same way. As a test I pushed up on one of them with my thumb. I had to push harder than was really comfortable but I was able to move it. Shouldn't be a problem to get it moved back in to it's proper place.
I certainly wouldn't pass on an RV that had this particular issue - it's an easy fix.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:15 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It not a real issue except for cosmetic purposes. All you need is a trim stick to remove it and then reseat it. What happen is that when the coach was painted it was in one position and as the coach settles and or moves due to driving it. The trim will slide up or down slightly. IT is trim that is used to cover the screws that hold the seals in place. No big issue