Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Needed to replace the extremely uncomfortable Winnebago furnished recliner. Ours in the Sunrise 36M is permanently mounted to a pedestal base like the driver and passenger seats. It could not recline all the way, it would hit the wall or the kitchen sink. The foot rest seems to be made for a very short person and would not lift up very high at all. The seat of the chair is about 2" too high off the floor, the seat seems to be designed for a person with extra long legs. So you need long legs when sitting and you need very short legs when you use the foot rest.

Must have been two designers on that recliner chair project; a tall guy or gal on the seat portion and a short guy or gal on the foot rest and of course a third person who placed it too close to the wall and sink.

Note: the driver and passenger seat were also 2" too high and I solved that by building a 2" riser to mount the floor carpet mats to and what a difference that made in comfort while traveling. I am 5'-9" and Pat is 5'-6" considered average height, anyway not short.

We looked at the Ekornes Stressless chair in Lakeland Florida store. The Orion medium size fit us just perfect could not bring myself to spend $1,800. for one chair. Also you would have to store the separate foot rest.

Just found a La-Z-y Boy with a slim profile
Harbor Town - Rocker Recliner
Style Number: 532
Dimensions as shown:
Overall - Height: 40" Width: 28.5" Depth: 35"
Seat - Height: 17" Width: 22.5" Depth: 20"
Cost: $467.50

Very comfortable, we purchased two and will use them in our house and take one with us when we travel.

The back of the chair removes very easy by lifting up on the back and it only weighs a few pounds and the height of the base (floor to top of arm) is only 23" so when turned on its side fits through the 27" wide RV door.

I believe I will be able to "strap" it in place for travel with the Winnebago mounted Seat Belt mounted to the floor below the chair.

To use the chair I will have to move it out a little from the wall and sink area. It will work fine for us.

Rocker Recliner

"on order"
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Needed to replace the extremely uncomfortable Winnebago furnished recliner. Ours in the Sunrise 36M is permanently mounted to a pedestal base like the driver and passenger seats. It could not recline all the way, it would hit the wall or the kitchen sink. The foot rest seems to be made for a very short person and would not lift up very high at all. The seat of the chair is about 2" too high off the floor, the seat seems to be designed for a person with extra long legs. So you need long legs when sitting and you need very short legs when you use the foot rest.

Must have been two designers on that recliner chair project; a tall guy or gal on the seat portion and a short guy or gal on the foot rest and of course a third person who placed it too close to the wall and sink.

Note: the driver and passenger seat were also 2" too high and I solved that by building a 2" riser to mount the floor carpet mats to and what a difference that made in comfort while traveling. I am 5'-9" and Pat is 5'-6" considered average height, anyway not short.

We looked at the Ekornes Stressless chair in Lakeland Florida store. The Orion medium size fit us just perfect could not bring myself to spend $1,800. for one chair. Also you would have to store the separate foot rest.

Just found a La-Z-y Boy with a slim profile
Harbor Town - Rocker Recliner
Style Number: 532
Dimensions as shown:
Overall - Height: 40" Width: 28.5" Depth: 35"
Seat - Height: 17" Width: 22.5" Depth: 20"
Cost: $467.50

Very comfortable, we purchased two and will use them in our house and take one with us when we travel.

The back of the chair removes very easy by lifting up on the back and it only weighs a few pounds and the height of the base (floor to top of arm) is only 23" so when turned on its side fits through the 27" wide RV door.

I believe I will be able to "strap" it in place for travel with the Winnebago mounted Seat Belt mounted to the floor below the chair.

To use the chair I will have to move it out a little from the wall and sink area. It will work fine for us.

Rocker Recliner

"on order"
Old 10-12-2007, 06:09 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Seat - Height: 17" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Edited above post I just measured the seat height of the chair and the correct height is 17"