Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2017, 05:36 PM   #1

Refrig tipped

Now it has happened to me2016 38q. While rounding sharp banked corner at very slow speed the refrig tilted onto the counter. No damage and I secured it with wedges and bungees. Partly my fault as I had not balanced the load. Too much up high and in doors. I use Velcro to hold doors closed. Removed the original latches early on. Had doors been allowed to open I would have had stuff on the floor but frig would probably have remained in place. None the less this is shoddy work.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2017, 05:39 PM   #2

WHY isn't fridge 'anchored'---'fastened' in place?????

If this is a 'known' problem why not addressed already??
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:34 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I know my 2016 View has a cable from the top of the fridge to the RV wall, I assume that if the 6 screws and the silicone on the back fails that will keep it from sliding out of it's "home".
Old 03-31-2017, 08:13 PM   #4

My residential two door refrigerator had some that was screwed on with small screws. I found one of them. The trim board on the top could have kept it from tipping but it was held on with small staples. I have cut Winnebago some real slack for shoddy quality control. This one is ridiculous.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:31 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post

Oh it's a known problem all right, myself and at least three others on this site with a 38Q had the same problem.

There are brackets on the back corners of the fridge that are to be anchored into the wall. On ours it looks like they attempted to hit a mounting plate but missed. When our fridge went over it took out the microwave and pulled the trim board above the fridge off.

This shouldn't happen regardless of how you loaded the refrigerator. Ours went over as we turned left into the grounds of the FMCA RALLY in W. Springfield, Mass. last Aug. Less then 10 mph as we made the turn. We had no fridge or microwave for the 5 days at the rally.

Make sure your turn off the water to the fridge, because it pulled our water tubing out of the fridge. The shut off valve to the fridge is under the sink on the back wall on the left side.
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593, WIT 170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:24 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post

My question too. I know ours is anchored. The latch on our pull out counter top extension is sketchy however.......
On our list for Decatur in August.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote