RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2019, 09:41 PM   #1

Refrigerator Problem

On my 2004 Adventurer 35U .. I am on shore power .. no other appliances on .. the refrigerator has 2 powers .. AC and LP .. only .. I turn the frig On and it searches between AC and LP .. It turned On .. using the AC power .. I just went outside to check on the frig and it had a small audible alarm and the LED read out said No Co .. according to the manual this indicates the refrigerator may have not completed a Cooling cycle .. the manual states I can reset the refrigerator one time and if it occurs again the reset must be done by a technician ..
In Phx Az. it has been reaching 110+ degrees .. I do not have the AC on in the coach because I don't have a 30 amp service .. Do you think this extreme temperature would prevent the refrigerator from cycling .. ? thanks any comments will be appreciated. glenn

gpshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2019, 10:04 PM   #2

I take it this is a Norcold unit.

Was the fridge started from hot internal temps ?
Or did it quit after it was already cold inside ?

The Norcolds have sensors that monitor internal temp , and if during the cycle it can't reach the preset temp ( for whatever reason ), in a certain time, the logic module says there is an issue with the cooling system and shuts down with the alarm.

For a first start up some members report that a big bag of ice in the fridge to Jump Start the cooling cycle works.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:16 PM   #3

Norcold Fridge
The Cooling Unit Monitoring Control monitors the fin assembly temperature through the thermistor. This control activates when the refrigerator is turned on or if the fin temperature rises above 50 F (40 F on earlier power board). When the temperature is above 50 F (40 F on earlier power board) and a change in cooling is not detected in a specific amount of time, the refrigeration heat sources are turned off.

Cooling Unit Monitoring Control Operation

The Cooling Unit Monitoring Control operates in the following sequence:

1. Because the fin temperature is above 50 F when the refrigerator is turned ON, sampling begins when the refrigerator is turned ON and stops when the fin temperature falls below 50 F.

2. The Control activates when the fin temperature rises above 50 F with the controls demanding cooling.
3. The Control samples the fin temperature every ten minutes for a period of two hours.

4. If there is no decrease in temperature in this two-hour time period, the Control turns off the active refrigeration heat source.

5. After ten minutes, the Control restarts the heat source and monitors the fin temperature every ten minutes for another 40 minutes.

6. Within this 40-minute time period the temperature must decrease or the Control will turn off the refrigerator and lock out the heat sources.

7. Once the heat sources have been locked out, the optical control assembly displays the “no co” fault code and an audible alarm sounds.

1st 'no co'....reset by turning fridge OFF/back ON
2nd 'no co',,,,, have to do a HARD RESET
(process is dependent on MODEL and serial number.....different methods)

SO
What Model is your Norcold???
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:50 PM   #4

N82X with an ice maker ..I switched it over to LP .. i can hear the burner .. I noticed that when I shut the door the door molding had come loose and the bottom of the door may have not made a good seal .. I sure am hoping that the door was my actual issue .. i'll be checking it in a couple of hours to see if i get the NoCo code again ����
Old 06-13-2019, 12:06 AM   #5

I'm looking at the norcold manual and I can't find how many amps it pulls .. I had it plugged into a 20 amp receptacle .. if it was pulling more amps I would think it would trip the breaker .. Yes No ?
Old 06-13-2019, 01:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshay View Post
I'm looking at the norcold manual and I can't find how many amps it pulls .. I had it plugged into a 20 amp receptacle .. if it was pulling more amps I would think it would trip the breaker .. Yes No ?
They only pull 4 or 5 amps. The book should list watts.

Watts 120 volts = amps
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #7

Norcold N6/N8 Service Manual
N62/82 Specs on pg 5
'no co' troubleshooting/reset procedure
See pg 21

http://rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/wp-c...-N61x-N81x.pdf

Depending on Serial Number
AC element ===300W/2.5A OR 2.7A

Think you door seals are your issue.

Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote