Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2016, 01:33 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cool Remove/Replace seat in Journey Shower

I have a Journey 02 ans the seat in the shower has a crack about 3/4 inch long and growing. I am pretty heavy so I may have exceeded the designed weight of the seat. I would like to replace the seat but don't want to have to remove shower walls or anything drastic. Anyone ever replaced this seat, whats involved, where did you get a replacement?
Winnebago Journey 2002 WKP32T, Cummins ISB 275 HP, Allison 2000 5 speed, Air Dog Rapter Lift pump, Michelin XRV all around, TOAD; Xterra 2012 4X4 Auto, driveshaft disconnect. ATT MOBLEY, $20 unlimited internet.
GAGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2016, 04:27 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
GAGypsy Just guesting I would said you do not need to remove the shower walls. Looks like there are three screws holding the seat unit to the wall.
135607-03-01A EA SEAT - SHOWER/FOLDING
Avaiable from Lichtsinn's for $203.05
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:38 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
GAGypsy Just guesting I would said you do not need to remove the shower walls. Looks like there are three screws holding the seat unit to the wall
My concern is that if i remove the screws, the nuts on the other side of enclosure would fall down between the wall making it impossible to re-install seat. Are the nuts or female assembly held in place in some way? You said "screws", are the seats screwed into a wood block in the wall? Any info anyone can provide as to how the seat is installed would be appreciated.

Grtharris, THANKS for part number info.
Winnebago Journey 2002 WKP32T, Cummins ISB 275 HP, Allison 2000 5 speed, Air Dog Rapter Lift pump, Michelin XRV all around, TOAD; Xterra 2012 4X4 Auto, driveshaft disconnect. ATT MOBLEY, $20 unlimited internet.
GAGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:34 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
GAGypsy, The shower wall would not support the seat. I would said the screws holding the seat on are screwed in some strong wood on the other side of the shower wall. Remove one of the screws very slowly and see if it has wood screw thread or machine screw threads. Here is a link to the part at Winnebago Outdoor.
Trusty 77812 Folding Shower Seat : Kitchen and Bath
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:34 AM   #5

I suspect that the shower seat is attached to a metal plate inside the coach wall.

You can verify that by:
  1. Calling Winnebago customer service
  2. Watching for the dew pattern on the side of your coach in early morning before the sun dries it off ... you will see a pattern of dry/damp on your coach ... the dry spots show where there is imbedded metal.

I hope this helps

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, journey, replace, shower