Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #1

Removing/Repair sagging Ceiling 94 Brave

So is this a common problem? My ceiling is sagging looks like the foam/clue is breaking down. I know this was common on a lot of 90's cars and trucks also. I was thinking of just pulling it down and scrapping off all the old foam. Then maybe painting it or putting luan board over it and then painting it. Please let me know if you have had this problem and what you did. any help/advice would be a big plus!
Thanks
whitlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #2

Our rig had old, old water damage in the ceiling. So we pulled down the plywood ceiling and replaced it with insulation board with indoor/outdoor carpet spray-glued to it.

Removing the plywood was not a big war but a bunch of tiny battles, pulling it down in little bits rather than one or two huge pieces.

Our new method yielded mixed results. It was light, cheap and easy to do. The additional insulation is nice. But it's not as smooth is I'd like it to be.
deprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
ceiling - headliner replacement

This is the PDF I made of the process
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Coach Headliner Replacement.pdf (423.7 KB, 30 views)
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:21 AM   #4

on our 94 itasca we had the problem. I reviewed all types of solutions others used. in the end i was going to use contact cement and use the cheap indoor/outdoor carpet squares. Which would have been a big and messy project. Happy to say we sold it before i had the chance to do it.

A great temporary fix is to get a bunch of white thumb tacks. Start in the middle of each section and put one ever 6 inches. Stagger each row so it creates a diamond pattern. I did it over the course of a couple weeks. I found that a magnetic changeable tip screwdriver works the best to hold the tack and i could press it right in.

when i sold the rig i pointed it out to the new owner and he commented on how he wouldn't have even known if i didn't point it out.

Tags
air, brave, ceiling, repair